“Gadget Show Live 2013”

National Exhibition Centre (NEC)
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I can only give this Show 2 stars. We visited as a family to include a 14 year old. I don't really enjoy watching the Gadget Show but my son does sometimes. It's not really the Gadget Show presenters that got us here but the fact that you can see and touch the tech on offer. We went on Friday 5th April and it wasn't that busy so we were able to have a look at a lot of stuff. If you really aren't into big tvs, super sound systems, computer games then don't go. There definitely wasn't as much stuff as last year, no freebies like last year either and the live Show lacked lustre and was pretty boring until Titan the robot came out and livened the place up! The ticket price to enter is ridiculous and I don't mind buying food out at these shows but again it was so overpriced for what you get and service doesn't come with a smile at all. Don't think will be going again - final word, dull, boring, waste of time!

There are newer reviews for National Exhibition Centre (NEC)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

There is a good variety of exhibitions on at the NEC. It has excellent transport links, and is definitely easier to get to by train, though on this last visit I drove to use the disabled parking, which was nice and close to the exhibition I was going to with my friend. There are places to eat in the exhibition halls and outside of them, so there is a choice of places to eat. Be prepared for a lot of walking and for it to be really busy when the popular shows are on such as Good Food and Crufts.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having missed getting tickets last year for my husband, I was delighted when our tickets arrived for this year, only to be feeling almost instantly the entrance fee was so overpriced, along with the overpriced food and drink, a disappointing experience, one I will not be repeating.
Did enjoy some of the exhibits but not enough to justify the cost

1  Thank liverbird10liverpool
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Thought it was a fantastic place. Great venue. The skyrail over to the Airport and station was really good and very efficient.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a waste of a Saturday......This was my 1st time to the gadget show and I am afraid to say, this will be the last. Why? Well, considering the amount of money I paid for just under 4 hours for an indoor Gadget exhibition experience. I was left somewhat sour. The "Super Theatre" show was boring, dull and considering the show event had been on for a few days... it appeared under rehearsed. It was simply rubbish…… No actual new real gadgets (except for the drum sticks which was nonsense and to me looked fake)..... it was boring from start to finish......I was annoyed that one of the presenters blurted out.,… “Hello to those at the back in the cheap seats”…. Rude and patronising. Within the Exhibition hall itself I was confused…….. an absolute rip off! You're basically paying to enter a giant indoor retail market AND once you're in there, dont expect to touch anything….. It was clear that it was traders selling their stock at "Limited prices"...... I was savvy......... after a quick look on amazon, all stock were available online and cheaper!! Now I know why APPLE were not there…that weekend should have been an exciting day out. What a waste of £180.00 for 4 hours………