“Excellent stay”

Premier Inn Birmingham (Great Barr/M6 J7) Hotel
Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel was very convenient for the British championship (athletics) this weekend. It was very easy to find and had good parking. The customer service was really excellent from all staff, Paul in particular was very helpful and helped me by looking up bus times the next morning. There was fresh orange juice and water available on the check in desk as it was such a hot day. There was an activity for little children to do in the foyer too.
We were swiftly dealt with, efficiently and politely. The breakfast was excellent and the same high level of customer service was continued throughout breakfast. Again, Paul was on top form and was just as helpful as the day before. I would recommend this hotel and will actively look to book with the Premier Inn again elsewhere in the country.

2  Thank Nicky O
Paul A, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham (Great Barr/M6 J7) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Hi there and thank you for such a great review, I remember your stay and really appreciate your comments. I know I have done a good job when I recieve them. I certainly hope you continue to us Premier Inn and I will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards

Paul

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Great service and very clean nice rooms
A receptionist called yemi was very helpfull as we requested quite rooms as we live in the country side, she sorted it all out before we arrived and was very friendly a credit to premier inn
Very clean rooms and nice breakfast in the morning
A great location with a good value harvester restaurant next door
All in all no complaints at all
Worth a visit and plenty of free parking

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Formando

Hi there and thank you for your recent review.
I have passed your comments on to the team and to Yemmi, they get a tremendous amount of satisfaction knowing that they have done a good job.
We certainly hope you continue to use Premier Inn and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards

The Team at Great Barr

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Excellent, clean, quiet and comfortable.
Some noise when the Harvester closed.
Very convenient for the Alexander Stadium.
Breakfast is a bit late at weekends but plenty to eat.
Hash Brownies are essential so it is good to have plenty of them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Paul A, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham (Great Barr/M6 J7) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

HI there, thank you for your recent review. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us during the athletics at Alexander Stadium and yes hash browns are essential but they have to be cripsy.
We look forward to seeeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Room allowed opening of window, pillows comfy and excellent night's sleep. Did not eat breakfast as leaving very early. Parking was easy. Room to rear but generally rooms are located at rear away from noisy road. Excellent location for athletic stadium.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hi there. Thank you for your recent review we are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It's great having the Alexander Stadium close by as it brings back regular guests. We certainly look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Lovely welcome, lovely room, well appointed, free parking, soooooo perfect -'would definitely recommend. My cooked breakfast was slow and they apologised and refunded - i have yet to see this on my card but a, sure it'll be there - well done

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hi there and thank you for your recent review, we are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately on the odd occasion we do get things a little wrong, but its how we deal with the problems afterwards that really counts. Apologies again for breakfast and thank you for your understanding.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and 12 year old son ahead of the British Athletics meet in June 2013. Hotel was excellent. Staff really friendly and clearly a good team spirit amongst them all, which is noticeable from the start. Rooms are good size. Hotel very quiet. Wouldn't recommend the Harvester next door if you want to eat - it was very busy, and the queues were sizeable but luckily we spotted a quality Indian restaurant called the "Basmati" right next door to the hotel. Great food, really recommended. So for a good combination - stay at the Premier Inn, eat at the Indian next door. Sorted!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hi there, many thanks for your recent review. We are certainly very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a team we really enjoy when the athletics is on as it brings back some regular guests, we hope that you will be one of them and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently chose to stay in this hotel for one evening with a fmaily member whilst we attended a concert in the city. The Premier Inn is located close to the M6 and whilst we initially got slightly lost looking for the place this was more down to listening to my sat nav than anything... the instructions Premier Inn show on their website are correct!
We arrived just before check in time so decided to have something to eat at the Harvester pub located just in front of the hotel, reasonably priced and friendly staff but it was a Sunday lunchtime so incredibly busy with people complaining that they were waiting too long for their food.
Upon check in we were greeted warmly by the receptionist, the only minor grumble I have was the fact that I was not asked to provide my car details but people both before and after me were, I have no idea why this was. However, luckily the area seemed pretty safe anyway. Whilst at reception I thought i'd ask if they could book us a taxi to the venue, not a problem this was done quickly and efficently, I also asked for the taxi company's number so that we could book one to bring us back as we had no idea what time the concert would be finishing (more about local taxi's later!).
The room itself was nice and clean, although there were a few stray hairs on my sofa bed. There was only a shower but it is stated on the website that there are no baths at the hotel. We were in a room which over looked the car park out the back and it was incredibly quiet so a good nights sleep was enjoyed.
As mentioned previously about local taxis, once the event had finished I called the compay that had taken us to the venue, I was met with a response of we have no taxis and the phone being put down on me, i'm not local so all I could think to do was call the hotel and ask if they knew of any other firms to call, I was given another number who also said all their taxis were out and I was told to try a more local company! finally I called the hotel once more for another number, this time the male receptionist struggled greatly to even find me the number of one (this should not be difficult in a city the size of Birmingham), eventually he did find me another number but that one went to voicemail. Eventually after walking around for over an hour in a pretty rough area trying to hail any passing taxis we got a taxi back to the hotel at a reasonable price considering it was on a meter. Therefore my advice to any fellow travellers wishing to travel into the city centre, do your own research before you go as I found many of the taxis pouring out of the streets surrounding the venue were not signwritten with the company name/ number on! I would also like to see Premier Inn have slightly more resources to enable their staff to help people who don't know the area in such situations.
Overall though, a pleasant stay and I would be willing to use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the car park out back of the hotel, there was no noise at all.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hi there and thankyou very much for your recent review. It is very important to us to get feedback like this so we can make the neccessary changes to our business.
Occassionally we have had problems with local taxi companies depending on what is going on in the city. One of the reasons for this is because we are on the outskirts of the city and many of the drivers end up in the city and then not coming out. We do now have a greater selection of numbers of different companies we can use.
Following on from your room tip, if any guest has a room requirement then it is always best to give the hotel a call so this can be sorted out prior to arrival. We will happily alocate rooms for you in this way to avoid dissappointment.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.