“good stay in premier inn”

Premier Inn Birmingham (Great Barr/M6 J7) Hotel
Ranked #18 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“good stay in premier inn”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Room allowed opening of window, pillows comfy and excellent night's sleep. Did not eat breakfast as leaving very early. Parking was easy. Room to rear but generally rooms are located at rear away from noisy road. Excellent location for athletic stadium.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paul A, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham (Great Barr/M6 J7) Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hi there. Thank you for your recent review we are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It's great having the Alexander Stadium close by as it brings back regular guests. We certainly look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Lovely welcome, lovely room, well appointed, free parking, soooooo perfect -'would definitely recommend. My cooked breakfast was slow and they apologised and refunded - i have yet to see this on my card but a, sure it'll be there - well done

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi there and thank you for your recent review, we are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately on the odd occasion we do get things a little wrong, but its how we deal with the problems afterwards that really counts. Apologies again for breakfast and thank you for your understanding.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and 12 year old son ahead of the British Athletics meet in June 2013. Hotel was excellent. Staff really friendly and clearly a good team spirit amongst them all, which is noticeable from the start. Rooms are good size. Hotel very quiet. Wouldn't recommend the Harvester next door if you want to eat - it was very busy, and the queues were sizeable but luckily we spotted a quality Indian restaurant called the "Basmati" right next door to the hotel. Great food, really recommended. So for a good combination - stay at the Premier Inn, eat at the Indian next door. Sorted!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi there, many thanks for your recent review. We are certainly very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a team we really enjoy when the athletics is on as it brings back some regular guests, we hope that you will be one of them and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently chose to stay in this hotel for one evening with a fmaily member whilst we attended a concert in the city. The Premier Inn is located close to the M6 and whilst we initially got slightly lost looking for the place this was more down to listening to my sat nav than anything... the instructions Premier Inn show on their website are correct!
We arrived just before check in time so decided to have something to eat at the Harvester pub located just in front of the hotel, reasonably priced and friendly staff but it was a Sunday lunchtime so incredibly busy with people complaining that they were waiting too long for their food.
Upon check in we were greeted warmly by the receptionist, the only minor grumble I have was the fact that I was not asked to provide my car details but people both before and after me were, I have no idea why this was. However, luckily the area seemed pretty safe anyway. Whilst at reception I thought i'd ask if they could book us a taxi to the venue, not a problem this was done quickly and efficently, I also asked for the taxi company's number so that we could book one to bring us back as we had no idea what time the concert would be finishing (more about local taxi's later!).
The room itself was nice and clean, although there were a few stray hairs on my sofa bed. There was only a shower but it is stated on the website that there are no baths at the hotel. We were in a room which over looked the car park out the back and it was incredibly quiet so a good nights sleep was enjoyed.
As mentioned previously about local taxis, once the event had finished I called the compay that had taken us to the venue, I was met with a response of we have no taxis and the phone being put down on me, i'm not local so all I could think to do was call the hotel and ask if they knew of any other firms to call, I was given another number who also said all their taxis were out and I was told to try a more local company! finally I called the hotel once more for another number, this time the male receptionist struggled greatly to even find me the number of one (this should not be difficult in a city the size of Birmingham), eventually he did find me another number but that one went to voicemail. Eventually after walking around for over an hour in a pretty rough area trying to hail any passing taxis we got a taxi back to the hotel at a reasonable price considering it was on a meter. Therefore my advice to any fellow travellers wishing to travel into the city centre, do your own research before you go as I found many of the taxis pouring out of the streets surrounding the venue were not signwritten with the company name/ number on! I would also like to see Premier Inn have slightly more resources to enable their staff to help people who don't know the area in such situations.
Overall though, a pleasant stay and I would be willing to use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the car park out back of the hotel, there was no noise at all.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi there and thankyou very much for your recent review. It is very important to us to get feedback like this so we can make the neccessary changes to our business.
Occassionally we have had problems with local taxi companies depending on what is going on in the city. One of the reasons for this is because we are on the outskirts of the city and many of the drivers end up in the city and then not coming out. We do now have a greater selection of numbers of different companies we can use.
Following on from your room tip, if any guest has a room requirement then it is always best to give the hotel a call so this can be sorted out prior to arrival. We will happily alocate rooms for you in this way to avoid dissappointment.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
UK
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We got a friendly welcome and a good night's sleep. The room was large and airy, the bathroom was clean and the shower good and hot. Our evening meal in the attached pub was good pub grub at a very reasonable price. The pub was busy and we hadn't booked a table but having been warned of the wait-time, within half an hour we were sitting down at our table and eating. Breakfast was the usual Premier Inn all you can eat buffet plus cooked breakfast the way you like it, with preferences catered for. A good stay, once again, with Premier Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hi there and thank you for your review. We are really happy that you have enjoyed your reent stay with us. It is rviews like this that enable us to continue to give great service that keeps us number 1.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
London
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I booked this hotel as my friend and I needed a place to stop over on the way to a wedding in Wales. The reviews on TripAdvisor swung my choice as always and we were not disappointed. The guy on reception (Joshua) when we arrived, late on Friday night, was friendly and helpful and instantly made us feel welcome. Rooms were clean and perfect, total Premier Inn standard, you know what you are getting and it is always good. Had a great nights sleep, exactly what we needed.

Breakfast the next day was also brilliant, anything you could want and the waitress (Sophie) was friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The hot food was really great as was the array of cereals, breads and pastries.

On check out we had a lovely chat with the lady on reception and Sophie and felt sad to leave. .

All in all a brilliant experience and I would happily return there should I ever be in Birmingham again. Thanks Premier Inn!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review, we are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have passed your comments on to Sophie and she was delighted.
We certainly hope you stay with us again.

regards

The Team at Great Barr
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

my partner and I booked 2 nights in this hotel to go to a Bon Jovi concert and wow what a great stay the staff are so friendly and Dave the manager chatted on sunday when we met him and he came up with suggestions with how we could get there booked a taxi for us to get to and from the concert. The staff also had suggestions and could not do enough to help us. All the staff must be very happy working there as they come across very happy and cheerfull and laughed at my jokes even if they wernt that funny. I would 100% recomend this hotel to anyone we were made to feel at home and had a very relaxing stay and when we can afford it will go back

Room Tip: not sure if i can i would think all rooms are excellient
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark N
Paul A, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham (Great Barr/M6 J7) Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
A fantastic review! Thank you for taking the time to write it.
We are all really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that the Bon Jovi concert was awesome too. We certainly enjoyed the banter of the weekend. We will definately look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards,

The team at Great Barr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Great Barr Hotel
#89 of 117 in Birmingham
Ladywood
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham
#7 of 117 in Birmingham
Staying Cool at the Rotunda
#1 of 117 in Birmingham

Been to Premier Inn Birmingham (Great Barr/M6 J7) Hotel? Share your experiences!