“Great atmosphere!”
Review of Rose Murree - CLOSED

Rose Murree
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Edgbaston
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was my first visit to the restaurant with my friends. I spotted it when driving past it one night - looked very inviting! And we weren't disappointed.

Great, friendly service from the staff and wonderful atmosphere inside. The food itself was very good, but not the best I've tasted. Beautifully presented dishes and a wide range of choice on the menu. I loved the hand washing towles the gave...a clever trick which I haven't seen in a restaurant before (I won't spoil it by describing it here!). Cost was very reasonable (worked out at £20 pp for a 2 course meaI and drinks). I would visit again!

• Visited February 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A pleasant Indian Restuarant”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been here several times. The food is well cooked and tasty. No real specialities that set is apart from others of its genre in Birmingham but well produced food including good vegetarian options, excellent parking and close to the City centre

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Service and food excellent in a great venue”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Visited on Tuesday night for a business dinner, right in the middle of work Christmas party season. We were seated downstairs away from the groups who were all upstairs. Food - best curry I've had in Birmingham, service and surroundings were all excellent, our waiter was very helpful! Left to chat as needed despite being busy.

Have also visited on a Saturday on pleasure as opposed to business and had equally good service and food.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank DanUK
Kent, uk
“used to be good, higher prices lower quality and quantity.”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

my husband i used to love this place, so much my husband proposed there in Feb of this year, the food was excellent, service great everything perfect. went back 2 nights ago and everything had changed, the chefs were different, all the original staff had gone and replaced by 3 to do EVERYTHING including the bar so the service was rubbish but it was purely down to them being under staff. The starters were excellent except it was HALF of the portions that they used to be, the mains were tastless, too much oil, and half the portions again. we didn't bother staying for dessert and had to get our own coats. its seems like they are trying to be greedy. whats even crazy is that they have put the prices way up but the quality of the food, service and portions were way down, looks like someone just got a bit money greedy. looks like we have to find a new place. def not coming back here again.

• Visited December 2012
Birmingham
“Good Food, 'Relaxed' Service”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Overall a good experience, but I can understand some of the comments about the service. The service wasn't bad, it was only that we pretty much had to ask for everything without being prompted, and there were a couple of times where for a few minutes all the staff went missing.

The food however was very good, and I liked the atmosphere in the dining room, and also the bar area with the fire and sofas.

The poppadoms and pickles were fresh and tasty, I had an onion pakora, which was almost tempura style, which was very good, and my main was a very good lamb rogan kashmiri - my only critiism was that the mushroom rice was a bit fatty, but that's being picky.

Will I go back? Definately.

• Visited November 2012