Middleton Hall Hotel
$84
$99
$92
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a special place.As soon as you arrive Martin makes you feel welcome, and the first thing he does is make sure you know what the wifi password is,which is handy.
I stayed in a single room,which was spotless, the bed was very comfortable, and there was both tea and coffee making aviable if you so wish, along with a flatscreen tv mounted on the wall.The showers which everyone can use, again are spotless.There is a huge bath if you prefer.

Moving on to the breakfast, wow .. orange juice and coffee, toaste, and a proper full english breakfast, all freshly cooked, it was fantasic.

This place was so nice i extened my stay from the original 3 days to 5!
i will be back there for christmass, if there is room.

John

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
bigbenbirmingham, Owner at Middleton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review and using your valuable time to do so, im delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time that you are visiting Birmingham.

Kind Regards Martin.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for 3 nights in late June in the purple room which isn't the color it looks on the photo, it's splashes of white and bright lavender and a bit bright for my taste! The shower room was tiny, hard to get into the shower. The coffee and tea making facilities were good, but weren't replenished on day 2, nor the roomed serviced at all. Dry towels would have been good.The owner gladly refilled the milk when asked. He was unfriendly and a bit rude at first as I had made a mistake in the booking, as we had flown from California I was a day off, because of the 8 hour time difference, so he had expected us the day before. It was my fault entirely, and we had to pay for it. A discount would have been appreciated. considering we were then paying for 4 nights and only staying 3. The place is very convenient for the train station, only minutes away by foot. The breakfast was great, he served us exactly what we requested and was very friendly, chatting with us after the meal. My main complaints are that the wifi was spotty in our room, and we had to go into the hall to get it to work right. It was also very cold in the hotel. The owner said, "It's summer so we turn the central heating off." yes, it was June, but it was still cold and a small electric heater was requested but not provided, and his only suggestion was to wear more clothes!! I would definitely stay there again as it's so convenient for me to visit my family in KN, but I will bring warmer clothes next time even if it is summer! I missed the heat wave that happened in July! Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
bigbenbirmingham, Owner at Middleton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Im sorry the décor was not to your taste (Lavender and white,taste being a personnel thing). on your first morning after breakfast you went back to your room as I guess you were tired,which is why your room was not serviced,rooms that are not vacated AM are not serviced until the following morning (We do not service rooms 24hrs).
You had made a booking for 3nts B and B however you arrived 1 day late,upon your arrival you disputed this until we printed of your confirmation and booking,you then decided you had made a mistake.I understand your frustration as you were then 1nt short of your stay.we would not be able to operate this business if guests did not checkin and out accordingly.With regards to you feeling cold,it was not cold during your stay it was late June,However I appreciate that coming from California our temperatures are probably not what you are used to.We appreciate your business and thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice now and both times I couldn't fault it for cleanliness, both times I had a room at the back and it was very peaceful. The breakfast is excellent, served by the proprietor. The room rated are unbeatable.
I shall be staying her again on my next trip

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
bigbenbirmingham, Owner at Middleton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

I,m delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us,and I would like to say a special thank you for the wonderfull review, it is greatly appreciated when people use there valuable time,thank you again we hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here while spending a weekend in Birmingham the Hotel was spotlessly clean ,we had a lovely full English breakfast and with the Train Station only a two minute walk from the Hotel that meant we could be in the city centre within minutes ,Perfect .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your kind review, it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed here as I went to a wedding at the pavilion. The owner was really friendly and made me feel comfortable- sometimes travelling as a single woman it can be a bit worrying, but he made me feel safe and even told me who else was staying in the hotel over the weekend. He also gave me directions to the wedding venue which saved me fumbling about with a map!
The rooms are spotless, and the beds are comfortable. There was even tea and coffee making facilities and a flat screen TV, which I was not expecting. He made me a nice breakfast (beans on toast which I requested- i'm fussy!) overall very good value for money, and I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

What a wonderfull review,im so glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt comfortable,thank you for your every kind words.