“AMAZING FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE”

Jojolapa Nepalese Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #211 of 2,208 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hungry Brummies looking for a cosy-chic space for stylish cocktail parties and dinner parties need look no further than Jojolapa on Newhall Street. This Nepalese restaurant has a sleek interior decorated with dark wood, a black and red colour scheme, intricately carved Buddhas and an abundance of fresh flowers. Jojolapa which means 'welcome' in Nepalese has a family-run feel and the attentive staff and killer menu will have you coming back for more. Signature dishes include the Momo soup a chicken dim sum broth with seasonal vegetables and noodles; the nariwal jal turay curry with spiced cod, coconut milk and cream; and everyone's favourite the chicken tikka masala.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went for dinner to this restaurant after it was recommended through a friend. The food was delicious, Indian with an edge. It was clean and the service was very warm and friendly. We were impressed with the great service, delicious food and the atmosphere at Jo Jos. We really enjoyed our experience and would highly recommend this restaurant!

It was so good that I ended up booking this as the venue for my sisters hen party, which was another great night.

Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful night.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pam B

“Totally Awesome!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Saturday night. Had a nice buzz. Great food, great service and amazing cocktails!!! Will be back again very soon!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Russell C
Birmingham
“Have fallen in love with this place!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went last night to celebrate my birthday. The place is stylish, trendy looking, and the staff are all attentive, friendly and welcoming. The standard was set even from the beginning, with a basket of the best poppodoms we have ever had - light and crispy with no grease and came with gorgeous dips and chutney.

I had the STEAMED MOMO dumplings, light and fragrant and juicy and they came with two amazing sauces. We all had different starters and were all silent except mmmm and yum type comments as we were eating.

For my main course I had asked the waiter to recommend something suitably Nepalese, he enquired about what fish/meat I preferred and how spicy I liked my food. I was presented with wonderfully fresh and juicy king prawns in a lovely aromatic sauce which I think must have been the King Prawn Gorkhali. Spiced to perfection and so moreish I couldn't help but greedily wolf it down! I tried my friend's lamb dish which was amazing, beautiful soft lamb, so flaourful! We all shared a beautiful garlic chilli naan and the accompanying rice was plentiful and fluffy.

This was a lovely meal, all four of us loved our food, really enjoyed the ambience and the cocktails were great too. It is obvious that they take a lot of pride in their food and it really shows. We will certainly be going back time and time again. Wish I 'd found the place sooner!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank PrettyKitty1977
Madrid
“Amazing Nepalese food and hospitality”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I don't normally pass comments on restaurants but had to make an exception for Jojolapa! The ambience of the the place is very stylish yet relaxed enough to feel comfortable. The staff offer typical Nepalese service - very knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. I ordered the spiced lamb chops which were the best I've ever had and the momos which were exceptional. Our table ordered a variety of mains and there was not one dish we didn't find delicious - the naans also deserve a special mention as they were the softest and tastiest I have ever had. I would highly recommend a night out if you're looking for a evening of great service, ambience and food. The prices are very reasonable for this quality of food. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank L0VETRAVELL0VEF00D
Birmingham
“First time here”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from this restaurant, what a find. Originally went as part of a living social deal, staff pleasant and attendant nothing too much trouble. Explained dishes, and made recommendations. Fantastic food extremely well presented and full of flavour.. Will be back many thanks all

Visited August 2013