“Yummiest burger I have ever eaten. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Handmade Burger Co

Handmade Burger Co
Ranked #111 of 2,198 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At handmade burger Co. we are passionate about great, fresh food and only use the finest ingredients for our customers to enjoy.We are famous for our burgers which are handmade in our restaurant from traditionally reared, grass fed, 100% fully traceable prime Scotch beef to create the best tasting burgers.
Bree, Limburg, Belgium
“Yummiest burger I have ever eaten. ”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I ate here with my boyfriend after shopping in Birmingham (we are from Belgium). We ordered 2 burgers, chips, sweetcorn, coleslaw, a white wine and a beer for 35£ which we didn't find too expensive. If we would eat something like this in Belgium, we would have to pay a lot more.
I had the goats cheese and grilled veg burger which was absolutely fingerlicking good.
My boyfriend had the chicken bbq burger and he loved it.
The chips were honestly the best I've ever had, topped of with some delicious garlic mayo.
If we ever return to Birmingham, we will definitely come back here.
We are hoping that this food chain will someday come over to Belgium. ..

1 Thank Kym H

• Greek first
  • Polish first
NORTHAMPTON
“Must visit! ”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Situated by the canal this gourmet burger restaurant is a must! The food is brilliant and the service and staff too. It's somewhere we look forward to coming to on our visits to Birmingham.

1 Thank WOOTTONITE
Burnaby, Canada
“Good but...”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

As always pride factors into taste (it shouldn't but that's reality). For £13: burger, chips, drink - it would have to be gobsmackingly good to get 5/5. Like most gourmet burger joints in N America, it suffers from "how good can a burger possibly get for a premium price". Reality is, a few quid more and you could order a steak somewhere or lamb chops. That's always in the back of the customer's mind.

Now that that's out of the way, the burger is good. I asked for a plain with chedder (Jimmy's rare-bread beef) and it was great only it wasn't plain, it came with caramelised onions I had to scrape off. Chips were good but at £3.45 no better than a good chippy place which would be £2 max. It is a good burger and would rank higher to be fare, only for the price, it doesn't have enough wow to make you come back a second time. Would rank higher of price was a tad lower. If you are feeling for a burger, you will not be upset....except work the price.

Northampton
“Its nice”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Visited handmade burger co. for the first time a while ago. It was lovely, the restaurant was well decorated. It is a bit hidden and looks really small from the outside but once inside and downstairs its much bigger. The burger was nice and the fact they had halal options was a big plus for us obviously!
One downfall was the chicken was a bit dry, this plus the burger bun was a bit hard going down. The fresh cut chips were also a good shout, very tasty. Massive portions (for me anyways) so be aware. Id definitely be sharing a portion of chips next time rather than my own. Staff were nice, no complaints there. Price was fair enough as it is good food.
Overall a decent burger joint.

Halesowen, United Kingdom
“The Handmade Burger Co”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The inflated prices of the Handmade Burger Co were not matched by the service we experienced. The food is good and to a high standard. Mistakes were made in waiter service. Fortunately small mistakes with variations on a theme. A bit like a classical orchestra throwing in an occasional bad note. The bottled beer is overpriced. The provision of cooled water is a good touch and is appreciated. A good hearty meal but the service made me feel reluctant to return again. I and my group could be lost customers. Once lost, difficult to entice back.

• Visited August 2014