“Bland”

Ranked #451 of 2,379 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Moseley and Kings Heath
Description: This intimate Indian restaurant, tucked away on the bustling St Mary's Row in Birmingham's Moseley Village, is popular with locals for their delicious curries and welcoming service. The warm, cosy interior is inviting, and Piquant's extensive menu, inspired by traditional Indian cuisine, has both delicious meat and veggie options. The wine list is comprehensive and reasonably priced – with up to 15 bottles for under £20. Whether you're looking for a fun place to catch up with friends after work over a curry, a cosy setting for a romantic night out or a place to hold a private party - Piquant has a private dining room for up to 40 people – the restaurant has something for every palette and pocket.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had the Korma, I know its not the spiciest of dishes but usually it is really creamy and sweet. This was very bland and tasted basically just like coconut milk but without the creamiest.
I didn't find the waiter very pleasant either. One of our breads got mixed up and he seemed quite rude about it, however the manager was pleasant.

The starters were very nice though.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The name of this smart restaurant says it all...........Piquant - interesting, exciting, spicy, tangy but pleasantly sharp with appetizing flavours!

As a regular here now since its opening night I - and many friends - have found it difficult to move on whether a for sit down or take-out feast. The staff know my habits and a large white wine is poured even at the most busiest of times. I am no expert of what the menu calls Indian Food though I suggest the culinary boundaries stretch beyond India's borders. There are a surprising number of regulars here despite the Balti Belt and European, Asian and Gastro pub alternatives in Moseley and surrounding area.

To say I/we have a favourite dish would not quite match my/our regular visitis as i/we explore the full menu regularly. The staff are attentive, pleasant, smart and the surroundings clean, modern and appropriately lit to make the visitors experience a joy - with prices that are not stinging bearing in mind the quality of food and service on offer. TOTALLY RECOMMENDED! Looking forward to Friday night already - though if you sit down for a meal - reservation may be recommend at that time of week. P.S. if there is a party of about 10 and over the round table on the ground floor offers a popular cosy and friendly addition to a restaurant the offers a lot and maintains its quality, no matter the time of the week. Whats more staff welcome visitors with their own drink!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

It was a cold miserable evening in January but the warm welcome we received at Piquant made going out worthwhile. The staff were attentive without being pushy and the food was delicious. We eat regularly on Friday night around the area and there are many good restaurants but Piquant exceeded our expectations. We had a delightful evening and would certainly recommend it for that end of week treat.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Went for our teams Christmas night out, food was exactly as expected, service excellent and you can take your own drinks -bonus

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Went here last Saturday for catch with friends I have not seen for nearly 10 years, what lovely meal. Would say I will be back