“Bohemia is the best Resturant In Birmingham by a huge margin”
Review of Bohemia

Bohemia
Reserve with OpenTable
Bohemia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #270 of 2,339 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bohemia is a Modern British restaurant situated in Birmingham’s buzzing Selly Oak area. This exciting addition to Birmingham's restaurant scene adds a continental feel to the area. It blends a bistro cost with 5-star/fine dinning food quality. Open almost all day, you can pop in for an afternoon lite bite with fair trade coffee or enjoy the more formal evening air at this smart and contemporary establishment. True to its name, Bohemia offers wonderfully relaxed and chilled vibe, and diners are made to feel instantly at ease. Head Chef Ross has created an exciting Modern British menu that changes monthly so you have a new array of choices upon every return visit. Diners love dishes like herb sausage, black pudding and duck egg terrine with plum tomato chutney; poached cod fillet with garlic, chilli and coriander butter; slow-cooked rib of beef with chorizo, dauphinoise potatoes; and Pimms and lemonade jelly with homemade strawberry clotted cream ice cream. Bohemia runs regular jazz nights, acoustic nights and comedy evenings.
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The host Andrew is what all host should be. Friendly, attentive, warm and about all there to make your visit to Bohemia a marvellous experience. Chef Ross produces dishes that taste of pure heaven and highlights the very British nature of detail and perfection. My wife had Scallops to start and I had the beef hash. The menu teases one's taste buds but doesn't prepare you nearly enough for what is to come. Delightful starters. Then there's the Mains. Wow! If there's a heaven then your in it! Don't start me on the deserts. Fit for angels. Sad thing is that If you want a Resturant in the same league as this one I can only recommend La Roulle in Dijon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

As a professional based in Selly Oak, Bohemia has become our little topic every week, because my friends and colleagues all absolutely love it! We have been talking about their new menus, the meal we had and the event they held. I have been there for so many times and it never fail to surprise me, I remember the first time I had scallops as starter, for a seafood fan like me, that was one of the best cooked scallops I had for ages. Salmon steak was also gorgeous! Vegetables are great, perfectly seasoned, one of friend keeps saying that the carrot they do is the best she has ever had.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were recommended this independant restaurant, so made the trip from the far side of Birmingham (Shirley). Well worth the journey.
This was our second visit (only just putting into tripadvisor), both times have been wonderful. The latest visit: the homemade calzone was beautiful with lots of flavour, the tuna steak just makes all previous fish dishes I've tried elsewhere seem bland and the chocolate brownie is the best I've ever had (and I've tried a few).
We're heading back there again with our daughter for her birthday this week.
I couldn't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Decided to try this on a Wednesday night for the £21 deal ( 3 courses and a glass of wine), must say the food and wine were both fantastic. Service was also good but we had to wait 40 minutes for our starter! I would definitely go back but not starving this time, great for a long chilled out evening. Great atmosphere too.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Came here for my birthday based purely on tripadvisor views, I wouldn't have known it existed otherwise despite just
living around the corner. Booked the table online beforehand which was confirmed and then a reminder sent through top table. All very easy to do and you can look at the current menu (which changes monthly) online. They have events such as wine tasting, 7 course taster menus and jazz nights. The restaurant itself usually seems shut up in the day time which is why perhaps I might not have noticed it, but they do lunch Tues-Sat 11-3 and dinner Wed-Fri 6-late, Sat 7-late. We came on a Wed night for the 3 course and glass of wine offer for £21.50 which I thought was great value bearing in mind how delicious it was. I started with spinach chorizo and mozzarella calzone which was gorgeous, quite heavy for a starter and felt more like a pasty than a calzone but it was very tasty and I ate the lot so only an observation not a complaint! Main course was the juiciest tenderest lamb on garlic mash I have had in ages. Beautifully cooked with a lovely jus which didn't overpower the taste of the meat. A friend had a steak which she did ask for well done but when it arrived it looked a little dry and cremated. Accompanying vegetables were cooked and seasoned perfectly, dry white wine was also a nice surprise, more than just a palatable bonus it was very good. Pudding we tried chocolate Guinness cake - excellent, and a brownie sundae - ice cream, strawberries, chocolate sauce, brownie pieces and ice cream, what more could a girl ask for?! Service was friendly and prompt without being obtrusive.
Inside is small but not at all cramped and the space has been used well. There was a nice atmosphere, slight shame to be battling for conversation with a shouting toddler next door - not what you expect in a restaurant at 2130! Obviously that's not the restaurants fault and the family were enjoying a special evening, staff were very welcoming and had high chairs so i would certainly consider bringing my daughter here for lunch or tea, just not late at night.
All in all I really feel like I have stumbled across a real local gem, the food was of a very high standard and the service and atmosphere were lovely. Price was also very reasonable and I will be returning for a wine tasting evening in January which sounds fantastic. It seems that this place will only grow from strength to strength, based on good reviews and word of mouth so i will definitely be recommending it highly to friends and colleagues. Thank you Bohemia for a lovely evening!

2  Thank filly21