“Excellent”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: "Perfectly sited in Brindley Place, Thai Edge is a smart, very modern restaurant, with white decor and masses of flowers which are flown in from Thailand, as is much of the decor. You will receive a warm greeting - which is part of what makes this spot a favourite among the mixed, trendy clientele, from students to professionals. What's cooking? Dishes are beautifully served and you'll find all your favourites on the menu, like three types of satay, Thai fish cakes with cucumber salad sauce, spring rolls, spicy minced prawn on toast, and chicken galanga, specialities like steamed seabass with spicy and sour sauce and tamarind sauce, stir-fried beef, chicken or seafood with fresh chilli, lemon grass, basil and pineapple. Of course, there are pad thai and a plethora of noodle and rice dishes. Four set menus. This is one place you'll return to again and again."
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Attended Thai Edge Fri 4th Jan, excellent service, excellent food, staff very attentive & friendly, great prices.

There are newer reviews for Thai Edge - Birmingham

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Visited here in December 2012. I booked a table via their website, one hour before we visited.

When we arrived we were asked to take a seat in the waiting area and where then seated within a few minutes. Drinks were ordered and then the food order was taken.

The food arrived and was plentiful. Those with a large appetite could try and go for more than one course, but 1 was enough for me. The flavours were good and the meal was thoroughly enjoyed.

One downside would be that the waiting staff started clearing the table - table cloth and all while we were still sitting down. Can't say I have seen that before!

Overall, yes I would recommend this.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I took my girlfriend here as she really enjoyed it when we went there on our first date

I think that time had clouded our opinion of the restaurant as I have to say that the standard of the meal was horrendous and massively over priced!

We ordered a set meal which was £30 each which turned out to be no better than your average takeaway!

The starter was bland and dry whilst the lobster was over cooked and covered in a slimy sauce making it almost impossible to eat! The main meal was 4 different dishes with noodles, sea bass, duck and a green thai curry all of which were bland and lacking in flavour.

To be fair the service was okay and there was a nice atmosphere in the restaurant but I
would most definitely advise that you avoid this restaurant at all costs!

1  Thank martyn b
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I often eat here on a Saturday, when there is the buffet. Which is always excellent.
Eating from the standard menu is no different.
The food is fresh, tasty, crisp and delicious. Service is good.
Well worth a visit on any day.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Ate here for our Christmas party and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. Service was slightly patchy but the one thing that overly impressed me was the way the manager interacted with the table and accommodated our needs- 1 veggie and 1 shellfish allergy. The food was amazing and tasted excellent and we did not have to wait long for delivery. The service lacked a slight guidance but the food more than made up for this. All our group choose a set menu and there was no shortage of food and credit to the restaurant for the way they accommodated our late arrival. I am a fan of That food and will definately be back!