“Good place for a group booking.”
Review of Piccolino

Piccolino
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #335 of 2,246 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: Overlooking Oozells Square, next to the Ikon Gallery at Brindleyplace, Piccolino is an Italian restaurant and bar in Birmingham that offers an abundant and diverse menu that captures the spirit of the best Italian trattoria. With its red leather upholstery, wood panelling and a Neapolitan wood fired oven fronting an open kitchen, the interior of Piccolino Birmingham is warm and inviting. In addition, the outdoor terrace provides the perfect spot to enjoy a bellini or light bite whilst you relax under the summer sun. Open from 11:00 until late, Piccolino Birmingham brings fresh, authentic Italian food to the city and is the ideal meeting place for lunch, dinner or after work drinks.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
1,195 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,851 helpful votes
“Good place for a group booking.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I went as a party of 10 to celebrate a record month at work. Great location on Brindley Place.
Decor is modern & luxurious, with a nice cocktail bar & seperately restaurant area.
Warm welcome & friendly service my all. We had a wide variety of food, which in the main was very good. I had to return my veal chop, but it was promptly removed from the bill with an apology & do fuss. Wine list was extensive & well priced.
For great Italian food it would be better to visit San Carlos, but for a group booking & good service I would definitely return.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Leedsaway67

• Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
“last minute dinner”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Meeting for an annual conference a small group of us went out for dinner, we were welcomed even though we had brought with us an extra guest. The choice of food was good, it was well presented and tasted even better. There was also a good selection of wines.

The service we received was good, the speed of service was good we were not kept waiting but we didn't feel rushed either.

• Visited February 2013
“Consistent..... Almost”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I try and visit once a month and always enjoy the experience how ever good or bad the food is. The staff are very friendly and always helpful ...! for me there 5/5. However the food is not always as good as it should be and I've had my issues in the past based on my last experience I would give everything 5/5 I would prefer .. Cocktail menus available on the table, bigger bottles of water, more variety of fish particularly with sauces rather than just salsa verde or garlic butter. And comfier chairs.. But that's me.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

A group of 20 celebrated a 50th birthday on saturday 26.1.13 and for all of it was a memorable experience with excellent food and good service.As a party that size we choocse from the party set menu of £25.00 per head we all found good value for money but for me what made it was the extra mile they went to so that my lactose and yeast intolerance was not hightlighed. I contacted the resturant mid week and spoke to the a member of staff who listened and talked me through my choices so thatIi knew my starer and main would be ok. The dessert was a obstical but we came up with a combination from the existing menu, She realised that they were not very exciting and said she would talk to the chef to see if he could prepare something other than fruit and sorbet my usual staples. shea sked what i liked and what i prepared at home .On the night she remembered me and our conversation and told me that the chef have prepared a dessert for me. I got a fruit crumble which was lovely.This may not seem much but so many times I look longingly at everyones dessert when i usually have to go without becasue the resturant failed to live up totheir promise of prepareing mey somthing i can eat. This was a very busy saturday night yet nothing was too much trouble. A give them a A * for customer service. She even came an checked that everything had been ok. My only regret is I did nto find out her name or her role but I think she may have been the floor manager. I would go back and will recommend to friends

• Visited January 2013
SOLIHULL
“okay but noisy and a bit pricey”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Visited this restaurant yesterday with my partner and two friends. The first impression was of the volume of noise immediately we entered. This noise was the general noise of customers and staff plus the echo of a place with hard flooring. In addition there was loud music playing continually. This all made chatting very difficult. The staff were attentive, the food choice was good, and the food itself was well presented and cooked. The drinks were a bit pricey, and coupled with the food the total price paid per head was nearer to £40 rather than the average £30 quoted as an average on their website. This is clearly a popular restaurant as indicated that it was full all evening. I would add that the age profile was that of people aged circa 25 to 45 years.

• Visited January 2013