“good but...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Oriental - CLOSED

The Oriental
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai, Malaysian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Ladywood
london
“good but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

the staff finished our evening for us !! By that I mean they couldn't wait for us to leave even though it wasn't late, and made it very obvious that we should go. I really don't like that behaviour. It was 11.15 or so, and we should have been left to finish naturally.
I like the interior of this place specially. The food is pretty reasonable, but not exceptional. Would have had a "4" if it wasn't for our experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Grantham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food was extremely tasty and well prepared. Nice portions, not too small and no wastage from over sized portions. Service was good, although I did have to wait for drinks a little longer than I hoped.

Only down side was that every table had knives and forks. When I eat in a Chinese, I prefer chopsticks. I tried, but failed to get the waiters attention before the food started cooling, so ate with a fork anyway.

Visited February 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Deep Fried Hair”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had previously had a great experience there. The staff are friendly but no very attentive or receptive. I found a hair in two different dishes prepared at the same time and brought out at the same time. Despite the dishes being in the middle of the table and the hair being clearly on top of one dishes and at the bottom of the other, the manager/owner refused to take full responsibility. She was extrememly rude and insinuated the hair was ours despite it being a different colour, length and texture. She then asked us to pay for half of the dish that we'd found a hair at the bottom of. Poor service and hygiene

• Visited February 2013
Telford, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

My friend and I have tried to visit this restaurant in the Mailbox on numerous occasions but it has always been so busy, so we booked a table and were very impressed. The staff were extremely welcoming, the choice was overwhelming, and the food was delicious and cooked to perfection. I had the chicken teryaki and it was gorgeous.

We will definitely be returning and I am recommending it to everyone I see!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Regular chinese”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We tried the tasting menu with 3 courses (3 starters and 3 main courses), which included spring rolls, prawns and pork ribs then thai chicken, beef teryaki and vegetables, nothing really exceptional.

Visited January 2013