“would not go back”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“would not go back”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The place looked ok inside, small but not to bad.That was the good bit, there was a hair in the butter, starts for 6 was passable but the main course's where bad. They were tastless and didn't look very appealing. The waiter stood near us starring which was a bit of putting. One of the waiters changed his t shirt and went into the kitchen to cook. The place looked like it had been a cafe which they had just put nice tables and chairs in and called a restaurant. They poured coke out of a 2l bottle which was 2 for £2 in front of us, not a good way to do things. Would we go back, no way.

• Visited December 2012

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“In need of TLC”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

With my wife I went on a KGB deal. My voucher had expired the previous day but Alex told me that he would accept it, which he did. Sadly the appearance from the outside is not good and it gets no better when you enter!
I ordered mussels for a starter and they were as good as any I have ever had, they were very fresh and piping hot in a good white wine and garlic sauce. I followed this with chicken again in a white wine sauce with vegetables, which were microwaved, except for the wonderful potatoes. My wife had a fillet steak which she said was one of the best steaks she had tasted, and believe me, my wife loves her steak. The staff were very good, although the older guy seemed to want to be somewhere else. Alex and the young lady were very friendly.
A bit of decoration and dimmer switches would help, and, hey, you can park outside!

• Visited December 2012
birmingham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“diarrhoea!!! Me and my wife”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Cup of tea need £2.00 and orange juice £2.00 , you can't charge this price in this restaurant. After we go home and already go toilet more than 3 time.

1 Thank ock00
west midlands uk
“A traditional Italian”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Booked through a wowcher deal and a little apprehensive after reading other reviews. We always worry also when we visit a place and see pictures of the food advertised outside but...had a great meal and would go again. We'd recommend the place. No hassles with the parking and the host was friendly. Loved hearing about Napoli! Nice and authentic though and not a chain approach. Starters were a fresh simple taste (what Italian food is all about) and the mains again couldn't faulted. Seems wierd to say that after having many lasagne's before, this wasn't like any other I'd sampled - the pasta was like an island surrounded by a lovely cheese/tomato sauce. The tiramisu and cheesecake were delicious. Not a large place; it was also a little quiet but this provided a relaxed atmosphere and we had a romantic time.

• Visited November 2012
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Awful!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I used a living social voucher for a supposedly romantic evening with my husband!
The restaurant was awful...brightly lit, packed, stuffy greasy spoon looking place!The tables were crammed right up to the doorway.
I ordered mushroom's in a dolce latte sauce - the sauce was really nice but my mushroom was RAW! My husband ordered calamari - which came out swimming in chip fat!
We both ordered fillet steak, mine was actually very nice - whereas my husband got a fat rump instead of a fillet!
Our tiramisu tasted like it had literally just been thrown together in the kitchen - the sponge fingers were still crunchy and had big grains of sugar still on - not soaked in coffee liqueur at all!
We were supposed to be offered 2 galsses of champagne with our dinner as per our voucher - we did not receive these.
It wasn't pleasant at all if I'm honest - it was very much like a greasy cafe not a quaint little romantic italian I had hoped it would be!!

• Visited November 2012