“Very clear, nice hotel when working at the NEC”

Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC
Ranked #60 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stay at this hotel annually for about 8 nights whilst working an event at the NEC. The rooms are basic, but extremely clean, the shower hot and poweful, again very clean.
The thing that makes this hotel however is the staff. They cannot do enough to make your stay go smoothly. Everyone from reception, to bar to waitering staff are friendly and will do anything with a smile.
This is not a luxurious hotel, and the evening menu could do with a bit more on it, but when your working for long hours and you simply want somewhere to relax and have a drink in an evening, then this is your place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
encorenecmgr, General Manager at Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dave, Many thanks, great for guests to see that we welcome back regulars!

See you next year!

Alison

There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Me and my friend decided to stay here after an Olly Murs concert. Upon arrival the staff were very polite, we checked into our room which was rather small and the bed which was a double looked more like a single bed, Me and my friend had trouble sharing it as it was so small!

After the concert we had not eaten so we were quite hungry and decided to order food from the restaurant on the bottom floor. After a while of waiting a man appeared saying hardly any food was left and he would put a frozen pizza in the oven for us at a cost of 11 pounds, which i found to be extremely unacceptable. We decided to pay for it anyway as we were starving and he said he would bring it up to our room in 10 minutes.

After 30 minutes of waiting we finally got a knock at the door, the man said he had forgotten about the pizza in the oven and it was "slightly overcooked" he then showed me the pizza which was basically black! he then replied "well some people like it burnt" I said we didn't want it and he only knocked the price off by 4 pounds. I was disgusted and all we got in the end was a jug of water so that night we were left hungry. Never going back, the restaurant was supposed to be open all hours and only one person was down there and he was clearing up! Why say its open all night for it to close at 11pm? Never again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Colleen N
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I arrived late at night off a flight and just want a glass of wine and bed. When I arrived at the hotel after a walk of about 15 minutes along a convoluted network of footpaths I was not initially impressed. A large cold reception area and not a soul in sight. However I was eventually quickly checked in and made my way to my room. On entering, I found the room to be just enough in terms of size and facilities. The cleanliness was first class and the room was like I was the first person to use it. The one issue I had was no iron which is one of my hobby horses about hotels especially when I'm travelling with shirts for work. Anyway, I went to the bar and was surprised how reasonably priced it was for a hotel. The cost for the double room was also very good value. In the morning I was able to meet a colleague and use the facilities for a meeting including the breakfast and coffees being provided. All in all it was ideal for what I needed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nightboat33
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times while attending shows at the NEC. The Hotel is an easy walking distance from the NEC/Airport and train station which means you are well connected to head into the city center for a night out if you need to. The staff are always efficient and service is good. The food lacks imagination, quality and variety in the evenings BUT the breakfasts are very good! The rooms are small but well appointed and clean. Beds are comfy and showers are hot and powerful. Parking is also plentiful so no worries. This is not a luxury hotel brand and you dont get the full perks of a regular Ramada but it is good value and consistent in its quality.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LizaJohnson
Reviewed January 15, 2013

stayed at this hotel for overnight stay and 10 days parking for under 60 pounds. (Nearly as cheap as parking) thought staff were very friendly a good meal for under a tenner and warm comfortable room. on the way home hubby accidentally locked car keys in car with engine running (SNOW) the staff in hotel could not do enough! Rang AA who arrived with in an hour. We had coffee whilst we waited, were warm and so impressed with staff - Thank you! Will come back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank diandrod
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Whilst attending our company conference at the National Motor Cycle Museum , my wife who is handicaped and wheel chair bound needed to go to Coventry whilst I attended the conference.

The staff [ Kursty we think ] arranged a special taxi to take her to the Catherderal and pick her up 2 hours later, plus advise as to the best location to take in the sites , was supplied by the hotel staff spot on.

My thanks to a great team , and a good value comfortable hotel ideally situated for all the conference locations and the NEC.

Happy New Year to the Reception Staff and a Special Thanks To Manuel in the Dinning Room who organised a special meal for us and a great table.

Linda Dunn

You will see us in 3 weeks Thanks Again

Room Tip: for wheel chair assistance a perfect hotel and dinning room, great parking without fuss
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Many thanks Linda for mentioning the two staff members.

Kurtis has won our quarterly team member award through this and a couple of other guest comments.

Glad to read you had enjoyed your day and I hope you can come back again.

Regards,

Alison Harrison
Regional General Manager

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel for the 1st time, I can recomend the location for the train station and Airport.

Kurtis The receptionist was a delight, she recomended a great Indian Restaurant which did not disappoint only 5 mibs away.

In this day and age the front person is the 1st impreesion and she is a great front person , dealing with our requirments for restaurants and local points of interest, she came across as having great local knowledge, we needed a good golf course , she directed us to Meridan for a great round and we ate at the Bear, good shout.

Rooms are great for the rate charges and breakfast was also good.

I WILL STAY THERE AGAIN AND CAN RECOMEND THE HOTEL/STAFF AND LOCATION

David Hardcastle BPI Group

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank transdev
encorenecmgr, General Manager at Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear David,

Great to read your review and Kurtis will be forwarded to our star nomination due to this- another guest called me to praise her too.

Glad you enjoyed some time in the area.

Alison Harrison