“Great place for Authentic Japanese experience”
Review of Ten Ichi

Ten Ichi
Order Online
Ranked #680 of 2,818 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My Wife and I picked Ten Ichi as it was close to the Hippodrome Theatre we were going to that evening, and It was a great choice.
We were made to feel genuinely welcome as soon as we went inside. The waitress was very polite and attentive without overdoing it, she offered to explain the menu and choice of dishes in case we were unsure of the Japanese food. We decided to eat as we would often do in Japan by ordering individual dishes, almost like you would with tapas, sharing and trying while drinking really nice Japanese beers.
The food was tremendous, not huge portions but its all about taste and experiences not stuffing yourself with sausage and mash.
The staff were all great, and you felt they really wanted you to have a great experience. This was one of the best Japanese restaurants I've been to this side of Tokyo and they made our evening perfect.
Thank you I will certainly come again next time I'm in Birmingham.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (66)

Reviewed September 3, 2019

I know Japanese and Korean food, and for reasons I won't go into. The broth in my boy's noodle dish was really not very nice. The Korean beef dish I ordered was like nothing Korean I've ever eaten. It was unpleasant.
This was a surprise. Our starters were fine, even if the gyozas were a little unsubstantial.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

Probably one of the best customer service we have had from a restaurant, the lady who served us talked us through the menu fully, giving recommendations and fully explaining how each dish comes and is prepared.

The portions are quite big, we ordered 2 sides and 2 mains plenty to share.

The soba noodles was lovely so was the chicken katsu.

It’s a nice atmosphere, not too crowded, just as I like it.

The waitress was very attentive, and even gave us a chopstick lesson, and encouragement along the way, she was extremely warming and spoke plenty when asked about Asian cultures which we find so interesting.

We both enjoyed our evening and would definitely go back

Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

The food was ok. The restaurant was nicely decorated and the staff were friendly. The meal was ok but had better in London. The bento box was a little large but the amount of food in each section was sparse. Perhaps a smaller bento would be better? I think there maybe better options around the area but sorry not a patch on London restaurants which is around the same price.

Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

Took my family there last Friday after a day of visiting The Sealife Centre and what a treat! I ordered a selection of tempura and deluxe sushi, plus the Ten Ichi Special Udon - all were delicious. The sushi was presented in a lovely wooden boat, with dried ice on the side for a bit of drama which the kids loved. Prices were reasonable and the restaurant had a relaxing atmosphere and comfortable decor. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Highly recommended.