“Good location for an early flight”

Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ranked #26 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leicester
“Good location for an early flight”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Have stayed in other hotels on airport, and this was excellent value for money.
The room was good the bathroom "pod" a bit strange but ok.
Everywhere nice and clean, staff very helpfull.
Didnt eat at hotel,we always go to "Franky & Bennies" in terminal

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IbisBhxAirport, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Birmingham Airport.

Best regards,

Carlos Vieira

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the Ibis to avoid a lengthy journey the following morning to catch a 6:00 flight. the room was basic but sufficient, and given that we had no time pressure, we enjoyed a relaxing evening in the restaurant. The service was slow, Granted, when we sat down and the waitress came to ask us what we wanted to drink, another couple hailed her and we heard them saying that they had been waiting more than an hour for their food. It came about 5 minutes later. when ours arrived after a similar time it was worth the wait. but then we had nothing better to do than plane spotting!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Birmingham Airport, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had 'a hotel room and park your car' package. We parked the car at AirPark and had the park and ride bus to the hotel. Parking and checking in was very smooth, we were well pleased that it had gone so well with it being our 'first time' . The accommodation was very pleasant and more than adequate for our short time there. All was perfect until the restaurant. Very few people in. Had to wait over 10 minutes before being asked what we wanted to drink. A further long wait before taking our food order and then 40 minutes wait for it to arrive. I had fish and chips - gross and tasteless. MY husband had beefburgher which was badly burnt. Had to search for and grab a waitress for a second drink. I complained, I was given 10% off. If I was not going on holiday, I would have refused to pay

Room Tip: The rooms are protected with double glazing etc. You don't notice the noise - not even the plan...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your feedback and I am very sorry to hear that the food you were served was not of a high standard. This is certainly not acceptable and I will be taking the necessary actions to ensure there is no recurrence of this failure. We appreciate you are sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

brighton
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Yet again the location is great, rooms clean and a good size. Bar/restaurant area is well laid out and the food of adequate standard although the breakfast selection is very minimal. I am a breakfast person and can do without lunch so like a good choice from the hotels.
Good value for the location and would recommend for a business traveller on a budget.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the airport terminal as the view of the multi storey or the transit sh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank eagleslayer
Many thanks for the positive comments. I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Birmingham Airport again very soon.

Best regards,

Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were here on business to do a show at the NEC. We could get to the NEC, in 10 minutes, by walking and taking the "no cost" air train. The rooms were modern European. The staff was really helpful. They printed and photo copied for us. They also helped us to ship some product to our warehouse. For business assistance, it was great.

The restaurant was good for breakfast. We had our evening meal there once but the portion sizes left us hungry so we ate at Frankie's, at the airport instead.

I had booked on-line for 3 nights at a good price, but when I called to add a 4th night, I paid quite a bit more as they said the other rate was a "3 day deal" and this was for one night only. So book on-line and make sure you book for all the nights you need.

The other thing I didn't like is that you have to pay for internet; £9 for 24 hrs. The time is only for what you use, so if you do 4 hours per day, the 24hr package can last you six days. The problem is that I couldn't disconnect the internet connection as it always showed "expired" when I logged in. They gave me an extra 24hrs when I came down to the desk, with my lap top, asking them to show me how to disconnect.

It seems there are always little things but over all, I give this a 5 out of 5 and highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Birmingham Airport.

Lakenheath, Suffolk
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at the Ibis for one night before our early morning flight the next day. We ate in the restaurant which was basic but good. The rooms were also basic but very clean. And the location can't be beat - we just strolled across the road in the morning which gave us maximum time for sleeping! And we got a great deal of parking at APH in Hams Hall for 16 days, plus the night in the hotel, all for £72.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Birmingham Airport and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed for two nights on a business trip. The location of this hotel could hardly be better, being within short walking distance of the airport, rail station and exhibition centre. The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean, with very little outside noise. I was mildly annoyed that a basic utility like Internet access comes at a premium, but this seems to be a common issue with hotels no matter the price point. The breakfast buffet felt slightly overpriced but served its purpose well. The bar and reception are served by the same staff so you may need to wait a bit longer for service in the evenings as the bar gets quite busy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you once again for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and continually improve upon the quality of our service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis in the future.

Carlos Vieira
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#40 of 117 in Birmingham
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC? Share your experiences!