“Good stay”

Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Worthing, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

My partner and I ate here as we arrived late and there was no other restaurants around. We stayed next door in the Etap. We were very hungry and the hotel receptionist recommended eating next door. We arrived in the restaurant just after 8pm, shown our seats straight away. The waitress come over straight away to take or drink and food order. We needed some time for food and asked for her to come back. We ordered a starter to share, I choose toad in the whole and my partner picked the curry. We waited almost an hour for our starters that were deep fat fried, burnt to crisp and was bad. It was disgusting. There was no waitress around. At this point I knew we are going to have a bad meal. It was busy in the restaurants, perhaps three tables with other customers with parties of 4/6's. It was another hour we waited for our mains to arrive, the waitress came over and said we would get our mains in 2 minutes. Another 20 minutes later our mains arrived. My frozen veg was still frozen and soggy, the mash was fake and was that smash instant potato and the toad in the whole was a cheap tasteless mess! My partners curry was awful and the rice you could pick the whole Pile with your fork.

When the waitress came and asked if we enjoyed our meals, I advised I was very unhappy and it was the worst meal I have ever eaten in my life. Anything would have been better. Not even an apogoly. We paid the bill and left, this point it was after 11pm. I couldn't believe the length of time we were in there.

I wrote a letter to ibis regarding this experience and have heard nothing. I still have the copy of the reciept.

What a rip off, don't waste your money eating there!!!!

This was 18/02/2012

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SnorlaxandNibbles
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had a one night stay at the Ibis Birmingham Airport. I was travelling with my 8 year old daughter and staying in a twin room. The price was extremely good and we were able to have an early breakfast at around 4.30am, before flying out. The cleanliness and staff were wonderful. It was our first stay in an Ibis, so the 'pod' bathroom was a novelty. Everything worked well. The only downside was that the beds were pushed together into a double which is not ideal when sleeping with a wriggly child! I expect I could have tried to pull them apart. It was a good stay.

• Stayed March 2012
IbisBhxAirport, Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your review . I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Birmingham Airport. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

We decided to stay overnight following a concert we went to see at the LG Arena - it was a perfect location for this and we just had to jump on the sky rail (free of charge). The accommodation was simple, clean and tidy and had everything we needed, although bigger towels would be nice. However the staff were miserable and rude and the buffet breakfast was poor - there was not enough supply to meet the demand (it was not very busy) - I would probably go elsewhere to eat as it was not cheap for what you can actually have.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
IbisBhxAirport, Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am sad to hear that we have not been able to meet all your expectation in terms of service. Please accept my sincerest apologies about the issue you faced.

Please be assured that we are taking your comments seriously and that appropriate actions are taking in order to avoid any reoccurence. I also would like to confirm that I have forwarded your comment to our F&B Manager and a meeting will be organised with the staff member(s) concerned in regards with the breakfast service you have received.

Kindest Regards,
shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Another stay at this hotel which is in a fantastic location for that early morning flight, about 3 minutes walk to the terminal.

It represents fantastic value for money which would put a lot of "higher class hotels" to shame.

The room is excellent with a fantastic futuristic bathroom, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, WiFi, Tea/Coffee making facilities, all kept immaculatley clean, with no noise from the airport, there is also a good temprature control system in the room.
A good bar is provided which also serves food with a varied choice and reasonable prices.
The staff are all very efficient and very polite.
This hotel is perfect for that short stay........excellent, will use again & recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank blackyabe
Thank you for your very kind feedback. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Ibis Birmingham Airport. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Birmingham Airport in your next trip in Birmingham.

Kindest Regards,
Saxmundham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I've stayed in IBIS before when cycling in France and once in London when I needed a cheap stop over. You get cheap and cheerful. This one is no different - same room layout, same funny space pod bathroom cubicle but surprisingly, especially considering it's proximity to the airport terminal (about 300 yards away) the room was practically silent - no plane noise, no humming generators and no noise in the hotel itself. A good night sleep was had by the family when we unexpectedly decided to check in rather than drive home after a late flight. Breakfast was basic but OK - half the price of other hotels but by no means half the quality... If we use Birmingham Airport again, we will stay overnight here and use their park and stay facility.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back facing the short stay car park - ours was silent..