“Good place to stay for an early flight”

Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ranked #21 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Notts
“Good place to stay for an early flight”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The Ibis is in a great location to stay for an early flight out of Birmingham, everywhere is very clean and the staff helpfull. We left too early to sample breakfast but we did have an evening meal in the restaurant and it was very good. We would definately use this hotel again especially with the offer of 8 days parking with one night stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank NottsDiyman
IbisBhxAirport, Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Birmingham Airport and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Acting General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The IBIS is a clean friendly hotel close to Birmingham airport, the only down side is finding Parking across the road, and the drink prices, however we will stay again just for the clean, bright and friendly atmosphere compared to other hotels we have stayed in this area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PhilG044
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Hotel in Birmingham Airport and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Excellent hotel right outside departures at Birmingham airport, friendly hotel, clean and welcoming. Need to be more clear about their breakfast offers though, because if you dont book one online you get charged double once at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
IbisBhxAirport, Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Ibis Birmingham Airport. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments
about the breakfast price.

Our "All You Can Eat" Buffet is offered at the rate of £7.50. In the meantime, this summer was a special internet promotion (50% off the room and breakfast). This offer is really attractive but is subject to strict Terms & Conditions of sales which include prepayment of the total reservation and no modification or refund would be accept after booking. I hope this answer your question about the breakfast pricing.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We booked for 1 night as we were attending a wedding 10 mins down the road & just needed somewhere cheap to rest our heads for a few hours. We arrived early afternoon and were allowed to check in straight away, however we were going pretty much straight to the wedding and couldnt even stop for 10 mins to unpack our things and freshen up as it would have cost us £3.50 to park. We drove to the hotel where the wedding was and parked there overnight, saving us £13.80 in parking charges. There is a drop off zone at the front but you cannot leave the car or I guarantee you would get a ticket. However I realise at an airport free parking is almost impossible to come by.
Good bits; room was SPOTLESS, well equipped with everything you could want, we stayed on the 9th floor which had an awesome view and also, incredibly, there was no aeroplane noise! £29 is fantastic value.
My boyfriend always complains that the ibis beds are too hard but that could be down to personal taste as I find them OK.
Would definitely stay again, and recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank moonface88
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Birmingham Airport and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed here for one night with my husband as we had an early flight the next day. The staff were excellent, very helpful and the room itself was much nicer than previous Ibis Hotels I have stayed in. I was sceptical before we went as the one that I had stayed at a few years earlier (Carlisle) was grim, but this one was clean, comfortable and with everything you could need in a room.

We ate at the restaurant and the food was excellent. The Calamari as a starter was very nicely cooked and the home-made burger was really tasty (if too large!) The beer was well priced and the staff and other guests very friendly.

We paid £29 for the night which was extremely good value.

The hotel is well located and only a 2 minute walk to departures. We didn't take our car so I am not sure about parking, but there were large multi-storey car parks near by.

To summarise, I would recommend this to anyone needing to stay near to the airport (you are actually almost in the airport itself). It was comfortable with friendly, professional staff and very well located.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jubline
IbisBhxAirport, Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed in this hotel overnight on July 3rd after returning from a European vacation and waiting for our connecting flight to the USA the next day.

Overall, I was very impressed with this little hotel for the price paid. It was clean, safe, comfortable and walking distance to the terminal. I requested two wakeup calls, both of which I received on time. At check-in our rooms were pre-assigned and ready to go. This was a relief as we arrived late at night.

I would definitely stay here again if making a connection at BHX.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Matt_UKTX
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Hotel in Birmingham Airport. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 11, 2011

With just a a two-minute walk from the airport terminals, the Ibis is ideal when you have to catch an early flight. Room appeared to be recently refurbished. Very modern and clean except for a hair on the towel, but I've seen worse. The bed was very comfortable and they do seem to have remarkable isolation as I haven't heard any noise from planes whatsoever despite the proximity to the airport.
The food at the restaurant was fine, too. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
IbisBhxAirport, Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.