All reviews cadbury world trouser press conference facilities small gym quiet area clean towels room was large full english comfy bed modernisation ensuite delegates soundproofing
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

Had an early morning appointment in Hospital around the corner, so location of Hotel was handy. However, very disappointing. The restaurant was closed, meals were served in the bar at very small tables. My wife and I ordered fish & chips which were literally served up in Newspaper on a plate.
The hallway had a musty smell.
The bedroom was very basic, no insulation so every single noise could be heard. Did not sleep well as the person in the room above kept waking up and down the room during the night, squeaky floors.
The bathroom shower was very disappointing, no pressure, and hot water did not last long. The shaver socket and light did not work.
Would not stay again.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DebraJonesGM, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Dear johnweedon1.
Thank you for your review.
I am so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Our restaurant does have last orders at 9pm, as well as in the bar, so I'm sorry, but unsure as to why you were not able to eat in the restaurant, I will investigate this for you.
Our fish and chips are advertised on the menu as being traditionally served in newspaper. If this was not to your liking, we could have course not done that for you, just let you server know.
I have reported to maintenance about the shaver - it was just a fuse that had gone, something we could have corrected for you immediately has we known. Thank you for the heads up.
We would love for you to give us another opportunity to ensure you have a great stay with us. If you are back down this way, please contact me directly and I can ensure that for you and would love to offer you a complimentary stay.

Reviewed January 29, 2019

I needed a cheaper hotel in Birmingham the night before going to the Qeen Elizabeth hospital and found the Beeches on Booking.com. Having stayed in a few cheaper hotels in Birmingham and having had some bad experiences the Beeches is far superior to the others and perhaps people wouldn't look it it but they should.

Staff
The staff couldn't have been more helpful, offering to help me due to my mobility issues and dietary requirements. Within minutes of my booking I received a message regarding my request for my gluten free requirements.
The receptionist ran after me when he realised I was using a walking stick to tell me of a more accessible entrance to my room. If you have mobility issues speak to them prior to your visit there are more accessible rooms, to be fair the the Beeches I hadn't informened them of my mobility issues before hand.

The standard of the food in the evening and at breakfast was very high, there was a large range of gluten free option on the Resturant menu and gluten free bread available at breakfast.

Room
The room was large, clean, warm and comfortable with a high standard bathroom. The bed was firm and comfortable, I had a good night sleep. The shower was powerful but be careful as the temperature was not constant and if you set it hot to start with you might scold yourself as I did. The guest information folder has some useful information i.e. How to use the shower, otherwise you will stand there for some time trying to work it out.

Improvements

I would definitely recommend the Beeches to anybody wanting suitable place in Birmingham at a reasonable price, but hope they will take in good faith, my improvement recommendations to improve their offer to their guests.
There are a couple of things that could be done to make the Beeches even better for me.
1. Although I was able to have a suitable gluten free breakfast, offer gluten free sausages to enable a coeliac or gluten intolarent guest to have a full English breakfast.
2. Sort out the temperature on the shower.

I will definitely return even a family trip.

Room tip: Speak to the Beeches if you have mobility issues
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
DebraJonesGM, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2019

Dear David W.
WOW. What can I say.... Thank you so very much for your very honest and favourable review. We are thrilled that you have found so many positives abut staying with us and of course we will sort out the shower and speak to the chef regarding gluten free sausages.
We really look forward to seeing you again David.

Reviewed December 13, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night when visiting my student son. The hotel is a little bit dated but the room and bathroom were clean, tidy, breakfast was good and overall perfectly adequate for my requirements.Staff were friendly and helpful. For £50 B&B you don't expect the Ritz. Would use again.

Trip type: Traveled solo
DebraJonesGM, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2018

Dear howardm46.
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be clean, tidy, with a great breakfast and friendly staff.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 11, 2018

My initial contact was with Debra Jones g/m who answered all my correspondence .promptly and friendly We went as a party of four to see the German Xmas market. It was a no brainer to pick the Beeches as at £70 for a room plus breakfast it was at least half the price of hotels in central Birmingham.
The hotel as many has pointed out is not as modern as the big chains nether the less it more than sets the standard by the friendliness of the staff ,the cleanliness of the rooms and the first class choice of breakfast.
Our room 303 was large and full of natural light and very clean .We had a taxi into town costing £10 when we arrived back we had a drink and a game of pool .The breakfast was a good choice and the staff once again more than happy to help. If you’re happy to stay a little out of town then I thoroughly recommend this hotel for value and a refreshing break,

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
DebraJonesGM, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2018

Dear Paul H.
Thank you for your open and honest review and your 5/5 score for us.
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for all the positive comments you have made. We do not profess to be a 5* hotel, however, we do like to think we offer a 5* service.
Should you be in a position to stay with us again, we would love to see you.

Reviewed December 3, 2018

This establishment maintains the style and manner of an era which was ever present 30 years or more ago. Dont get me wrong, it has been updated and has a very quaint charm.
The staff are tremendously helpful and very friendly; the breakfast provides something different.
We stayed for two nights, the first not so good - we were beneath a room where the creaks and groans of an older building (as someone was walking in the middle of the night) sounded out and severely disrupted our sleep - so do not take a room on a lower floor; the second night was in a different room ( the staff moved our cases whilst we were out and no problems with the change) where we had a thoroughly satisfying sleep.
My usual measurement is "Would i go back again? - I think that I would"

Room tip: choose a room which is not beneath another room
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DebraJonesGM, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Dear raymondpearce83.
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled you found our staff to be helpful and very friendly and that you enjoyed a good breakfast. I am also thrilled that once you brought it to our attention that you were unhappy with your room, you were moved without delay and it was seamless for you.
We do hope you come back again and we look forward to seeing you.