“Perfect if you want a very clean and cheap room near the NEC / LG Arena / BHX”

Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
Ranked #59 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We were seeing the Black Eyed Peas and Cheryl Cole at the LG Arena and were looking for a clean, cheap and well-located hotel to stay overnight afterwards. The Etap Birmingham Airport more than ticks all of those boxes. We arrived at Birmingham International station, and we were at our room within 10 minutes. It really is so simple - walk to the monorail, get on the monorail which takes about 90 seconds and is free, go downstairs and out of the airport, cross the road, round the side of the Novotel and you're there. We had a very warm and friendly welcome from Frederic, in the spotless reception area. We liked the fact that you could only access the lifts with your room card! Our room (608) was small but modern and immaculately clean, and we enjoyed watching the planes taking off from the airport from our window! We'd never stayed in a room where you stepped out of the shower cubicle and straight into the room - but it was no problem. In fact, I'd say the shower was one of the most powerful I've ever experienced in a UK hotel. The only (albeit minor) complaints we had - the bed was a little too firm for our taste, and the air conditioning didn't work in our room. We guessed maybe that it just hadn't been turned on centrally yet - not a major problem as it wasn't really hot during the day, but it was quite warm when we first got into bed.

We didn't eat in the hotel but instead ate at the airport. We had two courses, a bottle of wine and two hot drinks in Frankie and Benny's for about £55 which was of fairly good quality but was not served quickly - bear this in mind if going to a show or hopping on a plane. The next morning we had breakfast in the Wetherspoon's - perfectly OK but more than double the price you'd pay for the same thing in your local Wetherspoon! After the show had ended, we popped into the Novotel for a drink - very very expensive, as we paid £9.10 for a large Baileys and a cup of tea! At 11.30pm at night, there was very little open in the airport.

Tips for going to the LG Arena - drinks are VERY expensive there, so if you can, take it with you. A bottle of water set me back £1.90 in the arena, but you can buy bottled water from the hotel reception area for 70p. Also, if you need the toilet, walk right the way down towards the stage - the queues are considerably less there, as everyone just bundles into the ones when you first come into the arena.

If we were attending the LG or the NEC in the future, we would definitely stay here again - ideal for an overnight.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank unigirl
etap63, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2010

Thank you very much for your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward
to welcoming you back soon.
Frederic Dumont

Write a ReviewReviews (1,756)

Reviewed May 27, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the etap hotel, Maria, Diane and Frederic were very friendly and helpful. I will sure stay there again if I ever come back to Birmingham !

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
etap63, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 24, 2010

the team frederic diane maria and anya gave such a warm welcome that we felt like home. very helpful and available at all time they made sure our stay was one to be remembered. thank u, we'll be back!

Thank you for your very kind words. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit and my team will very happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves.
Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 21, 2010

Cheap hotel at BirminghamUK airport. As a frequent traveler by plane, this hotel offers cheap rooms for an extra night on my journey.
Continental breakfast, other dining at Ibis in same building or at the airport.
WIFI at reception area.
Public transportation train or bus to Birmingham or bus to Coventry and Solihul.
Very friendly efficient staff.

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you have a good stay with us. See you on your next trip.

Reviewed May 18, 2010

Thanks Maria & Catherine for your kindless. We don't have enough words to be grateful for your amiability, availability of help and comprehension as in the case that we were last Sunday night. The children still now remember you, you are lovely persons. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
etap63, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2010

Thank you for your very kind words. Very much appreciated; Maria and Katerina will be delighted
to read your comment. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 17, 2010

I work locally but live quite a distance away. To reduce the commute I choose to stay at this hotel quite often. The quality for the price is really excellent value. I can rely on a clean room, a good night's sleep, a power shower, then a good continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay
and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 12, 2010

I booked a room in the Etap for 5 nights at very short notice and although the hotel was almost full to capacity the friendly customer service team quickly secured a room for me at an unbeatable price compared to other hotels around the airport. When I arrived I expected that I may need to catch a shuttle or hotel taxi to the hotel as is often the case for airport hotels but not with the Etap. The hotel is literally located 100m from the airport terminal building which is pleasing if you need to catch an early morning flight as you can get a lot more rest than you would staying elsewhere. I then needed to extend my stay by an extra night and again despite the hotel being almost fully booked a room was reserved for me immediately. The rooms in the Etap are spotlessly clean with a TV, internet access, air conditioning to ensure a comfortable nights sleep and great showers and all this for an exeptional price. The Etap is a must stay hotel if you need to spend a night in the local area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your
stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Frederic Dumont

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
0 mi away
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#28 of 118 in Birmingham
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC

Been to Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!