“Longing for a good sleep ...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport

Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
Ranked #50 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
A TripAdvisor Member
“Longing for a good sleep ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Etap-soon-to-be-Ibis-Budget, Birmingham airport - very convenient for the airport and NEC/station etc, clean, friendly. The bed is too hard for my liking and I try to stay in one of the other hotels if possible. Desk too small.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Robert_Veldtman, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that you found our beds too hard and therefor will not return.

Please note that our hotel will receive new beds as part of our refurbishment this year, which should improve on comfort.

We do hope you return to our hotel to experience the improvements.

Robert Veldtman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This was a clean and functional airport hotel. 2 min walk from terminal and friendly staff at check in.

Room very basic and bed hard but all clean. Toilet on its own in a cupboard sized space and then wet area right next to bed with shower and sink.

Great option for a cheap night!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback- we are delighted that you recognised us offering good value and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

WORCESTER UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night with girlfriend before early morning flight - great location next to departures - clean bed - very small bathroom - but it is what it is - think twice before taking a drink at the novatel next door over 10 pounds for a bottle of beer and a small glass of wine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

So what I liked. The price, we booked a month in advance and a twin room cost us £13 per person which was cheaper than the bigger ibis next door (around £50) and the Novotel £90. Location is brilliant, literally a one minute walk to the departures area of Birmingham. It's quiet, considering its next to the airport the double glazing works brilliantly. Window opens a little so fresh air is great in a room but it also has air con. The shower cubicle was amazing, best power shower in a hotel I've ever used. Whilst the room was basic and functional it was clean if abit frayed around the edges. Check in was welcoming and quick and receptionist was very friendly. The blinds are proper blackout, no light coming into the room (I love a totally dark room). The tv is set to a certain volume, doesn't go above 35 which I thought a lovely touch as it means noise from other rooms tv's won't disturb you.

What I didn't like. Having to get up into the bunk bed as the twin room is a double bed with a bunk above it. Whilst spacious it was tricky to get up into and I had to make my own bed as the sheet and duvet were in a bag on top of the bed and it was tricky to make whilst sitting on it. There was only one pillow per person and one set of bathroom towels. Both the pillow and extra towels issue was sorted after I asked reception so don't be afraid to ask they are very accommodating. But the main thing I didn't like was the bed, it was so hard. Now I like a firm mattress but this was just too hard for me, I thought maybe its just me but I've seen a few other comments on it and my friend also said the double bed was hard. Despite all this I really did like this hotel, brilliant price and location so if you have an early morning flight like we did and you get a great deal then book it.

Top tips. Whilst there is no restaurant on site to eat of an evening you can pop over to the airport as their bars and restaurants close at 9pm. Also next door at the large ibis there is a decent size restaurant you can use for an evening if you want a proper meal but we found the drinks a little on the expensive side (two bottles of beer over £7) but there is a little self service machine in the Etap and their Bud beer was £2.75 a bottle. You can also pop to the airport as they have a M&S Food To Go where you can get food or drinks and have a picnic in your room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BrummieMoneypenny
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry that you found the bed to be uncomfortable. We are due a refurbishment later this year when our beds will be replaced, which should improve on comfort.

We hope to see you again soon.

United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for just 1 night in May, as we had to check-in at 5a.m.
The rooms are clean & basic but a bit tight on space (I don't mean storage space; I just felt a bit claustrophobic) & I did miss not having a kettle in the room.
There was only one pillow, per person, so I had to stuff a few things under mine to make it comfortable for me. My husband didn't sleep well (unusual for him) as he didn't find the bed very comfortable, at all, so arose with a few aches & pains!
Breakfast is basic but good enough. The sounds of the airport are inaudible, really, so that was much better than I'd dared hope.
We ate our evening meal in the hotel next door. I think we may look into staying there next time. Shame, as the staff are nice at the Etap, & it was better than travelling in the night, but with a little effort (e.g. pillows & tea / coffee-making facilities) it could be better. Most people, I’m sure, would appreciate being able to make a drink, especially as the whole purpose of their being there is unsociable flight times!
Re: value for money ~ it's not *that* cheap; you're really only paying for the convenience of the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments and suggestions after your recent stay- we value your feedback.

Please note that we have hot drinks available in our Fraiche outlet 24 hours a day, and extra pillows are available from our reception on request.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

great location actually almost opposite departure terminal however its real budget but serviced its purpose. Room very clean very basic would like beverage making facilities special as people would use this hotel as start point to their holiday possible early morning flight like ours.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Robert_Veldtman, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your honest review- we are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall.

Please note that although we do not have tea and coffee making facilities in the bedrooms, we have a selection of hot drinks including freshly ground coffee available in our Fraiche food outlet 24 hours a day for sit in or take away.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.