“Clean, simple, helpful.”

Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
Ranked #59 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This place was absolutely ideal for our 2-man trip to The Cycle Show at the NEC nearby. A special price on parking opposite, and a clean, comfortable room with an extra bunk was exactly what we needed. 10% off the restaurant at the Ibos next door (20 seconds' walk away) helped too!
In particular, Glelys, our first-day receptionist, was amazingly helpful. There was no real need to be so helpful as nothing was wrong, but the level of information she gave (about parking, eating, travelling to the NEC and so on) saved us lots of time and a little money, too.
Great place. Ideal for doing business or travelling in this part of Birmingham.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Frederic_Dumont, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Many thanks for posting such positive comments.
My team, especially Glenys, and I very much appreciate your kind words and we are so glad that you had an enjoyable time with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Frederic Dumont

Write a ReviewReviews (1,756)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had previously stayed twice in the slightly more 'upmarket' Ibis Hotel right next door. The Etap was more basic but very comfortable and clean offering great value for maney at £31 for the night. Where else could you get a hotel that close to the Airport Terminal for the price? We would happily return to either the Ibis or the Etap next time we fly from Birmingham.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I liked it. It had all that you needed for a one night stay before flying from the airport. The room was well looked after, basic but very clean and with decent toiletries in the bathroom. The beauty of the place is its location and it represents great value for money and I have to say much better than I was expecting never having stayed in an Etap hotel before. I would certainly stay here again when flying from Birmingham.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Frederic_Dumont, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hotel.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Had an early morning flight from the airport and this hotel was perfect for a stay the night before. Clean, modern and cheap, it is right next door to the departures terminal. Just remove the plastic mattress protector and you will sleep comfortably.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for your comments.
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night to save some traveling time as I was working at the airport for a couple of days. The nature of my work meant I needed to up at 2.30am, so an early night was called for. The rooms are small, but big enough for a one night crash. The toilet and shower have their own small areas with doors, the wash basin is in the main room. The double bed was firm and comfortable, a bunk bed was above the pillow end, to enable three people to stay in the same room. All areas of the room appeared clean and in good decorative order.
My only issue with my stay was other guests, groups coming in at all hours making a lot of noise. Some doors did bang quite loudly. I realise that people may be on holiday, or a night out, but maybe the hotel could have polite notices asking guests to keep the noise down, Premier Inns do have these.
I would stay here again, the hotel was good value for money, and very well positioned for anyone using Birmingham airport.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here.
I’m glad you enjoyed your visit but I am really sorry to hear that your stay was disturbed by other unconsiderate noisy guests.
This kind of situation rarely happen at the Hotel but I have taken note of your suggestion regarding the "polite notice" and may implement it in the future in order to avoid any reoccurence.
I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

we booked the hotel as it was good value for money £28 per room for two adults. I did not realise till we got ther it is the cheaper no frills version of the Ibis hotel next door but that was not an issue for me. The hotel was clean in all area's and the room was cheap and cheerful. We had to be up at 3.30am due to an early flight but at 12am we were awoke by this almighty banging noise. It frightend me and sounded as if someone either on the floor above or below had been locked out and were banging the door however there was no shouting this went on for at least and hour on and off 10-15 bangs and then maybe 4- 5 bangs. there were no pnones in the rooms to call reception i could have used my mobile but as soom as we got in the room and all was o.k i ripped up my confirmation slip etc as it had my address on it. I could no sleep very well later "waiting for some more banging" and got up very tired. I asked when we checked out about the noise and the memebr of staff at reception said there had been no complaints and said that there were "noise sensors" on all floors. He then asked me if it was about midnight and when I said yes he acted a "bit half soaked"
we actually got taking to two other couples from the same hotel in the airport both on different floors heard the noise one couple said the it also happend at 20.30h. not sure what it was "the heating system" "water system " "ghost" |It did end up spoiling the first night of our holiday really as we were both shattered from lack of sleep. Good price for the room...clean and tidy and bright but sleeping wuality was really bad due to noise but the bed was comfy at least

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to write a comment.
We appreciate all feedback and please rest assured that I have taken note of your comments regarding the "loud banging" you've heard during the night.
We are still investigating this matter as we are not sure where those noises could have come from as it never happenend or been reported before.
As it was an unusual issue, I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again.
Frederic Dumont

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
0 mi away
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#28 of 118 in Birmingham
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC

Been to Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!