“Food good”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Large portions and fast service, they always seemed busy with mixture of nationalities and handy for the travelodge opposite.
well priced also.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Having read some very positive reviews I decided to give Cafe Soya a go.....

The venue itself is very basic, but tidy but ti lacked any real character. The staff, though plenty of them can leave you on your own for some time, but they were friendly. *when I visited it wasn't busy, hence my comment

The food however was delicious!

I had hot vegetarian won ton soup for starters and it was splendid. The broth was tasty, the actual won tons had bags (ahem!) of flavour and altogether, great combination.

My main of bean curd and peppers (& other vegetables) in spicy satay sauce with sticky rice was incredible.....

I think I muttered "mmm" with almost every bite. Veg was fresh, satay was tasty, with just the right amount of kick and the rice was exactly how it should be.

A spruce up of the place, a little more attentive staff and you have a 5/5. Will definitely go back though, the food made up for any negatives. Recommended!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Tried out the cafe soya restaurant in the upper dean street. We were there in the evening and were delighted to find that the special Non veg menu was still on.

The pricing and variety are comparable to smaller restaurants offering similar menu. The dishes are quite filling and well presented. There is also the option for soya milk, green tea or coffee drink and soya custard or cake as dessert. We did try pork, cabbage dumplings which were quite tasty but small fillings.

All in all a reasonable eat out of affordable and filling. Overall rating: Average

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were staying in the Travelodge next door and had a takeaway, the choice for vegetarians and vegans is one the best I have ever seen in a chinese restaurant the food is basic and plentiful we shared as the portions are so big. They do a lunchtime deal that looked very good value, which maybe next time we'll try .

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been going to eat in this place for years and it never dissapoints. Food is brilliant and good chioces available