“Nice Food, Pleasant Restaurant”
Review of Edmunds

Edmunds
Reserve with OpenTable
Edmunds is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 2,249 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: The Good Food Guide Midlands Restaurant of the Year for 2012, Edmunds Restaurant is set in stylish Brindleyplace - Birmingham city centre's cultural hub. Surrounded by art galleries, theatres, evening venues & plenty of stylish bars, Edmunds offers a dining experience like no other in the area.Meticulously run Head Chef Didier Philipot and his dedicated team, Edmunds provides a relaxed and refreshing approach to fine dining. The 50-seat restaurant offers a secluded escape from the daily rush or an evening's indulgence with friends, family, loved ones or colleagues. Didier been inspired by classical French methods and served simply, but effectively, the dishes at Edmunds push the boundaries each day to deliver a true dining experience for every customer, using some of the Midlands finest seasonal ingredients.
birmingham
“Nice Food, Pleasant Restaurant”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I brought my husband here for his birthday on a Thursday evening, at first they bring a selection of rolls and butter over and a cold soup which was delicious. For starter I had the lobster which was nice but it was served with broad peas and it over powered he taste of the lobster. For main I had the john dory which was delcious. Although I enjoyed my meal, I do agree with the other reviews that the portions are tiny so do not go here if you want a large feast. My only criticism about this restaurant is that the staff were not great, I told the waitress that I did not eat meat however she brought me a soup which had bacon in it, and the same with one of the bread rolls. Athough they did tell me this, they spoke so quiet that I could barely hear what they were saying, it was only because my husband ate the soup which then I realised what they said. Attention to detail should be essential in a restaurant of this standard. Overall I would return.

• Visited June 2013

Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, alittle 'stuffy' for us”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Visiting Edmunds for the 1st time for a special treat, my husband and I dined with them at the beginning of June 2013. Having made a reservation, we arrived to a warm welcome and a table in the window near to the front of the restaurant.
The staff are attentive and offered drinks to commence the experience.
I had read previous reviews and kinda knew what to expect. The food is beautifully presented, but very small in portion size ( as expected with fine dining). The scallops are divine, but only 2 of them. My halibut for the main course was cooked to perfection, but again small.
I have no complaints about the food, but the place lacks atmosphere and you sometimes feel like 'the eyes are watching' when you are having an intimate birthday dinner for two.
Its romantic, quiet and exclusive, but for a couple that enjoy a little more 'noise' or people watching there are better places to go than Edmunds.

Visited June 2013
staffs
“Teeny Tiny Dishes”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The food tasted ok but 2 scallops do not make a starter! Tiny portions of lamb and a small cheese board was insufficient to stop us feeling hungry when we left. Poor value for £45.00

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank cheesenpickle96
Birmingham, England
“Great food, intimate setting but not quite 5*!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Well overall my experience was good, the food was pretty delicious, prosecco nice and bubbly, intimate setting in a small dining room and the waiter was very attentive.

However, it's not a 5/5 for me because I didn't think much to the wine by the glass listing and customer service on arrival in my opinion wasn't good enough for a restaurant of this calibre.

It was raining, and on arrival the front of house staff could see we were approaching, yet didn't open the door (glass doors), didn't welcome us and allowed us to speak first and say we have a table reserved etc....over welcome to Edmunds, can I take your coat etc etc.

• Visited April 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch perfect for a summer day”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Went here for lunch and it was beautiful food. The only reason why I haven't given it 5/5 is because I felt the dining area lacked atmosphere. But as this was only lunch it may be different during the later services.

• Visited August 2012