“Coffee Weak and no food on Carnival Day”
Review of The Green Man

The Green Man
Ranked #1,332 of 2,252 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Coffee Weak and no food on Carnival Day”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Poor coffee served in cheap plastics cups at £2 each was a mere prelude for a decision that they would serve no food on perhaps the busiest district he year, the Sunday Harborne Carnivsl. Ember Inns must have too much money!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank araf

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Awful food”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Myself and work colleagues went for a meal after work, we had heard it was recently refurbished, and first impressions were good. We were a party of 7 and ordered our food at the bar and took our seats. Myself and another colleague ordered rump steak which came about 5 mins after everyone else had received their food, so we told the to start so their food would not be cold. Out steak arrived and mine looked small compared to my colleagues but I continued to try and 'hack' through it! I have never seen meat like it, even a steak knife could not cut through the amount of fat it was surrounded in! I had about three bites in total and returned it to the bar, I received a filthy look from the barmaid who asked me 'well what do you want' in return I asked for money back, which I received and a free drink. A good piece of advice is to stay clear and go to the plough opposite which sells amazing food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Diane P
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“good coffee”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

only called for a coffee and was ok. don't know what the food is like but from what others were getting it looked ok

Oldbury, England, United Kingdom
“Dirty plates”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and myself visited the Green Man for Sunday lunch, the dish that my starter came in was dirty, there was no Sunday lunches left at 2.30 they had ran out, we had no apology for the dirty dish untill later I think she heard me comment that no apology had been given, will never ever eat there again, there's not much more to say except don't waist your money going there. The barman was very nice thou.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Sue B
“Really poor bar staff. Came in for food .. Told an hour wait .. Order a drink and then when paid for the round .. Menus where re”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Wouldn't go here again. .. Very poor service . Sticky tables .. Rude service .. Couldn't get out of the place soon enough

• Visited May 2014