Tripadvisor
Birmingham

“Daughter’s 30th birthday ”
Review of Bistrot Pierre

Bistrot Pierre
Ranked #122 of 2,800 Restaurants in Birmingham
Description: Enjoy freshly prepared French food in the centre of Birmingham. Located in a Grade II listed building on the city’s bustling canalside near The Mailbox, our bistrot offers a charming, relaxing place in which to enjoy affordable French-style dishes, freshly prepared by our chefs every day. Why not try our incredibly popular Breakfast menu with a hot drink and fresh juice for £9.95, Prix fixe lunch menu where you can enjoy 2 courses for £12.95, or our 2 course Early Evening menu for £15.95? Every evening there’s even more to enjoy from our extensive Evening menu. Whether you’re on a shopping trip, lunching with friends, fancy a relaxed family meal, or having a celebratory dinner, our bistrot is the perfect place to eat in Birmingham. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, we have something for everyone including gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian options.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’d booked the room overlooking the canal for my Daughter’s 30th birthday. There were 19 of us and couldn’t have asked for better service and attention x we love the place, food, service; we have no fault only praise x it’s a favourite of ours so will definitely be back x well done to all for making Lauren’s birthday one to remember x

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked as a pre-concert meal on 17th January. Menu was more than sufficient and whilst choosing our courses the head waitress picked up that we were having trouble with our " Strictly " tickets and offered to print them off for me.
This went beyond the service I was expecting , which in itself was excellent anyway. As indeed was the food and wine in lovely setting. Will return next time we do the same.

Date of visit: January 2020
LBPBirmingham, General Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal, and that you appreciated us printing off your tickets. We always try our hardest to go above and beyond for our customers.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our Bistrot soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Email sent to the Restaurant after our visit

Dear Sirs,

We have just been to your Restaurant for the first time, and what a huge disappointment it was.
Our order was taken and then the waitress returned to tell me that you had run out of Fishcakes. I then ordered the Roast Vegetable Salad, which when it came could have fitted into a Ramekin Dish. I had been asked if I wanted extra vegetables with this as it was on the menu that I could have fries, side salad or vegetables. I chose vegetables but they did not come, so I asked about them and the guy that I spoke to was quite curt with me, saying there had been a misunderstanding and did I want the vegetables or not. I said that I did and then we were charged for them on the bill (cost removed after we complained).
My partner had the roast beef, and was asked if he wanted it pink or cooked through, he asked for cooked through. It came and it was so thin that it was dry and tasteless, there is no way that it could have been served as pink due to it being impossible to have it cooked that way. The roast potatoes were hard and dry. The vegetables provided were far too small a portion.
We were given the ipad to leave feedback, but it went dead, and we were told that we now couldn't do it at the restaurant as we only get one chance, thus we would have to go on line to do it. We had asked to see the Manager, and the waitress was going to get him, however we'd spent more than enough of our day there and just wanted to leave, which is what we did.

All in all a complete waste of our afternoon, and a waste too of £40.

I look forward to your comments.

Hi,

I have emailed you directly in the hopes of resolving this. I look forward to your response.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

We often visit this restaurant for a pre-concert meal and my complaint is always the same - if I order an aperitif then I want to drink it before I start eating my meal. Every time I order a cocktail or plain G&T the servers seem think I want it to accompany my starter. I don't! PLEASE let me finish my pre-meal drink before you bring my food! This is really sad because otherwise the food & service are lovely.

Hi Jill,

Thank you for your review. I apologise on behalf of the team regarding the too quick service - I have passed your comments onto my team, and we will endeavour to get it right next time you visit us.

I look forward to seeing you soon for another pre-concert meal.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Real atmosphere and style. We sat and talked for some time. Food just right with a wide choice to suit all tastes. Really will be back there again.

Date of visit: November 2019
LBPBirmingham, Owner at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Thank you for your lovely comments, we are glad to know you spent a nice time with us. We cannot wait to see you soon!