“Absolutely tasteless”

Ranked #467 of 2,346 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Transit: 5 Minutes from city centre , main train station Birmingham New Street . Bus outside main roads
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I took my wide here for a night out and whilst the atmosphere was good and the service ok the food was completely tasteless, it cost nearly £100 with no alcohol we would have has a tastier meal at the locAl takeaway.
Very vary disapointing

2  Thank Gazandkim

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This restaurant has recently moved from the Mailbox to the Cube and has got bigger!

This is entertainment for all the family and as such Saturday evening is packed and very noisy.

Service was a bit chaotic with our food being given to another couple around the table. In fairness the sushi and sashimi were excellent but the set Tepanyaki "meal" was pretty uninteresting. And at £50 per head, it was no bargain.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Been here a couple of times with my girlfriend, loved it every time.

Atmosphere and layout is quite nice: it is quite spacious and quite relaxing to be in! The service is quite friendly, though sometimes they could be quite busy, but my girlfriend and I are generally patient people so it wasn't much of a hassle for us. The owner seems to like a good chat. Generally quite nice people!

The food is simply quite amazing. My girlfriend and I are massive salmon fans and the salmon there is amazing. The choices, to be fair, isn't the widest of ranges. But the salmon really does offset it. We have at least 8-9 plates of salmon alone.

The value, I think (out of my love for salmon), is amazing. It can be quite pricey, at £18 per person, but I honestly think it's a once in a while treat. It really is worth it.

Definitely our favourite place in Birmingham. I've tried to look for similar deals in London but have so far failed to do so. We love this place!

1  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Booked a table for a new years eve meal. When we arrived, about three of the staff looked at us. No one acknowledged us, seated us, asked whether we would like a drink etc. We were standing there for 5 minutes, and were just about to leave. What I assume was the manager came past, said 'hello, one minute' and proceeded to hold the door for other customers. She then went and had a conversation with someone else , before coming back to seat us. Despite having booked a table for two, we were seated elbow to elbow with random strangers (I understand this is part of the teppanyaki experience, but I'd booked a table for 2!!).

Fed up with the ridiculously poor service, and no chance of the romantic meal planned, we left. Went across the Cube to Rodizio Rico - excellent food and service there.

So, overall: SORT OUT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOGUN!!

1  Thank BlazedMunch
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We love Sushi but sadly what they serve is a strange western version full of mayonaise etc So despite it being just across the road from us we will be avoiding it in future Not a great range and far to westernused We did try the Tempura at great extra cost Then as we were leaving the Tempura appeared on the buffet conveyor?

1  Thank witsend18