“A beautiful setting but poor service”
Review of The Saxon Mill

The Saxon Mill
Ranked #68 of 145 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Went for a meal on 26th April 2014 with some friends for my birthday. Having signed up for their emails I received a free bottle of bubbly which was lovely. Had lamb for main which is the 2nd time I have had this meal there and it was lovely. All 5 of us had puddings and only 1 was disappointing as it was a very small portion. The service was very slow on this day too. Having been the Saturday before mothers day the service was so much better that day. The location is lovely as its on the river and can walk around the meadow at the back.

Emma T, Guest Relations Manager at The Saxon Mill, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thanks for your review. I'm really pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal on both occasions recently, although I'm sorry to hear the service was a little slow this time.

We hope to welcome you and your family back very soon for more goods times at The Saxon Mill.

Emma Tracey

Write a ReviewReviews (2,141)

Reviewed May 9, 2014

There is no better place too enjoy a business meeting, sitting outside in the sun right by the water, food was good, took abit of time but it's such a busy place I can understand, service was really good, I will def be coming back.

1  Thank Secret R

I'm glad we were able to accommodate your business meeting and that you all enjoyed the great views! We also have a function room (The Warwick Suite) if you are ever looking for a more formal venue for meetings.

Contact us at enquiry@saxonmill.co.uk if you would like more information.

Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you and your colleagues again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Visited twice in two weeks and found overall very good but have to wonder how they would manage in the summer as it's great spot- food and menu and certainly the beers were great ---little touches lets it down like no biscuits with the coffee on the second visit ( baker forgot to drop some of this morning!!!!) also the mushroom starter was half the size and the cheese had been left out of the sauce ---when we enquired why was just told "don't know"

Have a staff meeting !!!

Emma T, Guest Relations Manager at The Saxon Mill, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thanks for the feedback. We will be looking into your comments about the lack of biscuits and the roasted mushroom starter. I'm really sorry that we let you down on this occasion and I'll ensure your feedback is raised at the next team brief so that we can avoid these mistakes in the future.

We would love to welcome you back again soon so that we can restore your faith in our team.

Many thanks

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've been going to The Saxon Mill for years; since I was a child. It has always been somewhere I've looked forward to going to, especially in the summer, with its beautiful surroundings and great atmosphere. You can park in the road at the back of the field adjacent to it, and there's a lovely walk across the meadow - perfect on a Summer's day.

But if you don't want the moment to be spoiled, just drop by at the Saxon Mill for an hour or so, and have a drink or two. Stopping by in the restaurant is where the problems start.

Admittedly, on this occasion, there was a large party of us, with some kids - and kids can be difficult - but we had to wait almost two hours for our main course to arrive. The starters only took an hour or so.

When the food did it arrive, it had mixed responses. I thought my spit roast chicken was lovely (though I suppose it was a little dry), whereas my dad's fish cakes were more cake than fish. All in all, the food is decent and I don't think you'll be disappointed for the reasonable pricing (it really is reasonably priced despite some of the other reviews on here - you won't get it for much cheaper elsewhere!).
There were a few other minor things to gripe about but not worth bringing up.

I enjoyed my visit as I always do, mainly because of the excellent location. The service was very friendly and attentive - it just took so long for the food to come (and it always does. Every time I go, the food takes ages).

Worth visiting... Go in the summer, enjoy the location, relax; just don't be in a rush or let the service stress you out.

Thanks for your review. It's great to hear that you love the beautiful setting and the great atmosphere and have also found our team to be so welcoming. I'm sorry to hear that you've been disappointed with the waiting time for food though and hope that this hasn't put you off returning in the future.

We would love for you to visit us again soon.

Many thanks.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Have tried on two seperate occasions to enjoy a meal at the Saxon Mill recently - giving them the benefit of the doubt on the second occasion and we live very close so want it to be a great local. No more visits from us I'm afraid.

Staff are great and very freindly but let down by awful food and hugely inflated prices - £9.00 for a single G&T and a Coke??? This is not London!

In total over the two visits we send four meals back and ended up with mediocre food at the best. Staff were very apologetic, but seriously I just want a nice meal without event. It makes me sooo sad as the location is wonderful and the food used to be great. C'mon Saxon Mill - relaunch the food and we might just try you again.

Emma T, Guest Relations Manager at The Saxon Mill, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thanks very much for your feedback. We really appreciate your comments, especially as you live so locally to us. I'm very sorry to hear that you have felt let down by the quality of food recently and hope that you will give us another try. We have an increasingly strong team in place at the moment and would love to invite you back to regain your confidence.

We very much hope to welcome you back soon.