“Some good, some bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rose & Crown

Rose & Crown
Reserve with OpenTable
Rose & Crown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 129 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The rose & crown is a 17th century inn with rooms tucked into the corner of warwick's market square. We serve the good stuff: fresh seasonal food, a quality pint, great wine, well-made coffee, all with a genuine welcome for old guests and new.
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Some good, some bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I've had lunch here many times and usually thought it wonderful. This time, the beer was not so well kept as usual, there was a problem with one of our starters (for which we were not charged), and the "fennel chips" were disappointing. On the other hand, the black pudding and poached egg starter was great, and the sea bass beautiful. So a mixed bag and it ended up being quite expensive (despite the credited dish).

• Visited January 2013
Peach_Pubs, on behalf of the manager at Rose & Crown, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am sorry the Rose was not up to its usual standards on your last visit. We are very proud of the beer here, especially the Gold. We practice a religious line cleaning process every week so I am extremely sorry for your below average pint. Perhaps your beer was towards the end of the barre, we are always happy to change it if it is not up to scratch? With regards to the Seabass, I genuinely believe the wording is not correct on the fennel chips so they do not come out as expected. I think further explanation of them is needed perhaps when the order is placed. (Not ideal I know, but we have learnt a lesson for next time). We take all feedback seriously so when you are next in ask for me and I would love to hear what else you have got to say. I may even buy you a pint?
Let me know next time you're in, Suzie.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lunch with friends”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have been coming to this pub / restaurant for many years, food and services is usually very good, sometimes not so good. Today was not a good day for food, left allot to desired considering it is not the cheapest place in town. Company was great though.

• Visited January 2013
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Great New Year's Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is the second time we have spent New Year's Eve at the Rose & Crown. The food was excellent (although the same as previous year) it was cooked even better. We went for the first sitting so had plenty of time for the casino night and watching the live band. I'm always surprised that this pub (there are not many left in Warwick) does not rank higher.

• Visited December 2012
Thanks for your cracking review! We love a party here at the Rose and I am chuffed to bits you like our style.
We are a busy place and also the type of place that people flock to on a whim so when we get busy, we get busy and it can be hard to predict the unpredictable! Thankfully there are wonderful people like yourselves who understand this so to thank you very much! I want to treat you to a little something… please contact me Suzie at the Pub to claim your reward. Best wishes!
Warwick, United Kingdom
“great night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great atmosphere , plenty of variety of both food and wine, staff always very attentive, logo fires and lovelly surroundings - very popular

Visited December 2012
Midlands
“Breakfast Oasis ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Good location in the Market Square - served a decent freshly cooked full English breakfast - a rarity in most towns!