“Yummy Tapas”
Review of Catalan

Catalan
Ranked #30 of 129 Restaurants in Warwick
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bath, United Kingdom
“Yummy Tapas”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I went to Catalan for a meal on the Saturday after Valentine's so the restaurant was mostly full with couples. We were visiting Warwick anyway but this was also our main Valentine meal. We had booked in advance but we noticed several couples being turned away (who doesn't book a table in a restaurant around Valentine's??) The service was very good with attentive waiting staff. The ambiance was cosy with intimate lighting. There was a good choice of either tapas (served up to 7.30pm) or an a la carte menu. We ordered three tapas dishes each and I couldn't finish mine because the portions were very generous. The food was very good and the bill was less than we would have expected for such quality. We would certainly go again should we find ourselves in Warwick again.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Tapas in the heart of Warwick”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We got a lovely warm welcome from the staff who were very attentive. The Tapas was tasty, especially the chorizo, which was divine. Reasonably priced, great ambience and a lovely setting. Paella night on a Wednesday looked good as well.

Will definitely return. Thanks guys for a good night.

Coventry, UK
“Lovely tapas - as good as any I've had in Spain”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My friend and I visited Catalan by default - we had decided to try Pancho's but they were closed. The night got worse as we realised tapas stop at Catalan at 7.30pm BUT the waitress checked with the chef and agreed we could have the tapas menu. We've eaten in authentic tapas bars many times in Spain and this didn't disappoint. In fact we over ordered and couldn't finish everything. The chicken livers were amazing! The patatas bravas sauce could've been better. Waitresses were attentive. Nothing was too much trouble. I do think the tapas are slightly expensive but that's only because I'm used to paying 2-3 euros a tapa and to be fair the tapas portions here are very genourous. Cheesecake was lovely too - but I do think £6+ for desert is too much. Will definitely make this a favourite!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I went to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
The meal was outstanding and this made the evening so special.
I would really recommend this restaurant.

Visited February 2013
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Another excellent meal”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was our second visit to Catalan. We enjoyed it just as much second time around. It was a busy Saturday night being the weekend after valentines. As before the staff were very helpful and attentive. We both had main courses from the specials menu and both were delicious - I had venison which was perfectly cooked. My wife had turbot which also very nice. It has a lively atmosphere but is still good for a more intimate occasion. The starters, sweets, coffee and wine wee all good too. Not the cheapest place in town but worth the money. Will definitely go again.