“damp”

Park House Guest House
Park House Guest House
Ranked #22 of 24 Warwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 14, 2010

We have just come back from the Parkhouse hotel following a 2 day stay in Warwick. There is no way I would reccomend this guest house to any one else if you stay here you do so at your peril. We arrived about 21:00 to be greeted by a member of staff who was friendly enough and took us to our room to let him know if we needed anything. However following a closer inspection we noticed the bath towels were for hands & feet and were already damp and did not smell fresh. The bed sheets were covered in stains and looked like someone else had slept there and had not been washed for us. We also fould chips on the floor. The bathroom was very small with little room to move the decor was very very old and wallpaper and paint peeling away. The second morning we decided not to have breakfast there and make our way home. The owners number which is on the front window but was impossible to get hold of. Of the hotel obviously does not want to spend time and money on improving this property and everything was done to a very cheap standard.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NorthWalesDragon

Reviewed January 18, 2010

we stayed here new year and we really enjoyed the place, the beds were that comfy we didnt want to get out of them.The whole place was clean, the bedrooms were very clean and tidy the linen and duvets were fresh and clean the showers were so clean we didnt want to use them. Excellent service our thanks go to ata and his staff you really deserve a 5 star, will definetly stay there again many thanks from the bennett and dickinson family.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Donot stay at the Park House Guest House! Got there at 6pm after a long drive from cotswolds where we had stayed the night previous for my birthday, was greeted by yes, a lovely man, but it was just plain weird!

Told us no body else was staying in his "home" and that he was personally go and get us some bacon and eggs for our breakfast at an extra £10 added to our already "expensive" £50 charge for a bog standard room! Then kept us talking for 30 mins whilst we stood there, totally knackered and hungry after 2 hours driving!
Didnt show us to our rooms, just told us to go up stairs and the key would be hanging in the door
Room door was open, went inside and it was a DUMP!!!!!!!
Bed was covered in stains, all the furniture was literally falling over, i didnt dare walk past the wardrobe, look like it had all been brought from MFI 30 years ago!!! TINY shower room, was just like an airing cupboard with a shower inside. TV was the size of my grans in 1945 and looks ready to blow up! We shut the door and sat and had a chat whether to stay or not, as we hadnt paid yet, 20 mins later we decided we should leave as they whole place was disgusting...tried to open the door to get out and the door knob completely fell off!!!! Took a further 20 mins to get out of the "cell" we were stuck in!!!

Called out in the hallway for the manager but nobody was there, even had to walk through his home but still no one there? Left a note with £5 saying we were off (partner insisted we left some kind of money as we had left in a hurry)
Phone number of the man was on the door so we called him to tell him we would be driving home as we werent happy but that we had left him a note and £5 on the front table (no reception just a stool like table in the hall)
He had a go and said turn round and shove another £5 through the door! Cheek of it!
We didnt do this and luckily he didnt have our bank details
He texted my partner a week later demanding that we pay more money but we just ignored it! CRAZY!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sljordan85
ParkHouseGuestHouse, Owner at Park House Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2010

Dear Travelers,

To add some balance to this review:

These clients checked into my Guest House but didn't have the cash to pay so they said that, after a couple hours of sleep, they'd be going out and would have the money later. I trusted them and said I'd be out shopping.

While I was out, I got a call from the man saying they were leaving. I can't imagine why, since I have never received complaints about the furniture or showers, never found any missing door knobs, and am quite committed to providing the best B&B experience possible.

Over the 20 years I've been in the accommodation business, I've only had four people leave like this and I wish I had been given the chance to address their concerns. You can also be sure that breakfast, as at any bed and breakfast, is included in the cost of the room.

Reviewed September 11, 2009

Don't stay here unless you have a cast iron reservation, I had booked well in advance single occupancy in a double room. Just by chance I checked the booking to be informed that he could not give me a room after all !! To cap it all he hadn't bothered to tell me so I would have arrived and found I had no accommodation for the night. I suspect he got a better offer for the room so hard luck on me !

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank wil087
ParkHouseGuestHouse, Owner at Park House Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2010

Dear Travelers,

To add some balance to this review:

This person had made a reservation but three days before his visit, I discovered that I had made a mistake and overbooked. The only contact information I had was his email address so I emailed him to let him know that I was sorry to have to cancel his reservation but could book him a room at another local B&B if he wanted.

I didn't hear from him until he showed up at the door. I was surprised to see him but did everything I could to accommodate him by booking a room elsewhere. He said he hadn't read his email for a while, refused my offer, and left angrily.

Reviewed September 9, 2009

We've stayed in Warwick a few times and the Park House is our favourite place to stay. It is within easy walking distance to all the local attractions, restaurants, parks, and the train station. We love the owner, Ata, who used to own restaurants and prepares a great breakfast. The rooms are nice and the wireless internet access is free.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2009

My stay at Ata's (the owner of the bed and breakfast) was a high light of my Europe adventure. He as warm, congenial and ready help. His home is beautifully quaint and immaculate. I was thoroughly comfortable staying there; worth every penny and more. Plus, you can't beat free breakfast cooked by an ex-London-chef. I recommend these accommodations to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank dantft
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Our stay at Park House was wonderful!! Ata is an excellent landlord and the rooms are all very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed a great location--only a 10-15 minute walk from Warwick castle and the other Warwick sites. The food was delicious and cooked according to the time that was most convenient for us as guests. The house is equipped with a lot of information about local sites and attractions. There is also Wi-Fi available, which was extremely helpful to us on our trip. Ata is an excellent host--very friendlly and approachable and willing to make your stay as comfortable as possible. He also is very knowledgeable about the city and can offer excellent suggestions on the best places to visit while in Warwick. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Park House Guest House!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends