“We go as often as we can”
Review of Park Cottage

and 1 more site!
Park Cottage
Ranked #1 of 24 Warwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I too cannot believe the very negative review.what was the attitude of these people? It must have been alarming enough to bring Stuart to intervene as Janet has always struck us as warm,friendly,but very capable and professional too.please don't be put off,have stayed at park cottage twice and it is a rare find ,lovely quirky rooms,every comfort,lovely caring friendly touches and great breakfasts.we love it,we only live in coventry and go to park cottage when we feel we need a treat .Janet and Stuart,a big thanx to you and i only wish you did evening meals,you would never be rid of us.!

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank lesevans
JanetB42, Owner at Park Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear Les,

Thank you very much for taking the time to place a review on Tripadvisor - it really is much appreciated.

Look forward to seeing you again soon...

Janet and Stuart.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I can't believe that the one negative comment on Park Cottage refers to Janet & Stuart's wonderful establishment in Warwick. As regular visitors, my wife and I have always enjoyed the warmest of welcomes and loved our time there. What more can I say ? Park Cottage is Warwick's best tourist attraction ! Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely.
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I have just returned from another lovely stay at Park Cottage and, as always, I was very reluctant to leave. I have been there several times now and it has lost none of its attraction. Janet and Stuart (the owners) gave me a warm welcome and contributed to a very enjoyable stay in many ways. I have already booked my next stay there and am thinking about the one after that !

Thank you again and all the best from an Austrian fan

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
JanetB42, Owner at Park Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Dear Gaby,

It was good to see you again...have a great time in Australia and India and we very much look forward to seeing you in May...

Janet, Stuart and Elizabeth Bear x

Reviewed February 26, 2012

After a shocking experience I don't recommend this hotel, in my understanding, the first and the most important feature of any hotel is its hospitality and friendly behaviour which u can't find it in this one.
To be honest the three bedrooms are quit lovely, my story started when Warwick information centre recommended this hotel, we went there (me and my wife) to have a look, the lady manager offered us any of the rooms for 70£ and after a quick discussion she agree for 65£ in cash because it's a late check-in. Then we went out for quick family discussion and decided to take the room because we love it and went back inside to offer her 20£ as down-payment to book the room, but she surprised us with extra charges of 7.50£ if we want to use the big bath inside the room “she mention the first price include only using the shower”. After a second thought, We offered 70£ in total, in this second the husband start calling his wife name: “Janet, Stoop” and run toward us “to the second floor” with a nervous attitude to tell us: that he felt it is offensive to ask his wife for discount and he don't want us to be there and asked us to leave the hotel. We were really shocked to hear that because all our discussion was with the wife only and she showed flexibility with the price. In that minute we left the hotel promising we will never come back.
I think in the hoteling sector it's very important to know how to show a worm welcome to the guests and make them feel welcome and comfortable.

8  Thank fadi m
JanetB42, Owner at Park Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Fadi,

I can only respond by saying that I am very upset to receive the above review. My husband and I care so much about what we do here.

For this reason, I'm only sorry that we weren't able to reach an agreement on a price when you called by on Saturday.

...and I can only hope that people reading your review...do take the time to read on...and see what other customers have written about us.

Kindest Regards, Janet and Stuart.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I spent 5 weeks on the road all over the UK (drove 3932 miles) in July/August 2011. Stayed at a total of 37 hotels, B&B's hostels etc which I had carefully selected for variety etc and pre-booked.
Park Cottage was my second last accomodation - only one night, but they all were that.
6 months later I'm still telling friends about how fantastic this perfect little cottage was and how kind and considerate the hostess. I think her name was Janet - she must have been born to do that kind of work. I met a lot of lovely hosts but Janet was a 'stand-out' , the most genuinely interested in her customers. This was reflected in the high standards the cottage offered. Beautiful decor with respect for it's Heritage. A cosy, haven kind of atmosphere; comfortable bed and furnishings, scumptious breakfast, etc, etc...!!
My congratulations to Park Cottage, please never change.
Over some very stiff competition - you were the Best!! L Garrett. Brisbane

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
JanetB42, Owner at Park Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Dear Lena,

Thank you so much for all your kind words...you did remember my name correctly...amazing when you stayed in 37 hotels/B&B's - that's some trip! I bet you have a few photos to look back on!

Hope all is well in Brisbane...

Take Care, Janet.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We only stayed for one night but were made so welcome by Janet and Stuart. Park Cottage is exceptionally clean,warm and welcoming.It is beautifully decorated and there are lots of little extra special touches. Our room was huge and the bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in. Breakfast was perfect and cooked to order.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
JanetB42, Owner at Park Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Dear Pat and Tim,

Thank you so much for your kind review...it was a pleasure meeting with you both...we certainly had our share of snow the night you stayed. You obviously got home safely though.

Take Care and we look forward to seeing you again.

Janet and Stuart.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Park cottage is a beautifully decorated little house in Warwick town centre. It is perfectly located right next to one of the entrances to warwick castle and is 5-10 minutes away from the main market streets. Inside, the house is as homely as its welcoming exterior and is quaint and cosy. Each of the 7 en suite bedrooms is named after the wives of the earls of warwick and the personal touch is extremely warm. Our room was provided with tea making facilities, a selection of toiletries, wifi and a large flat screen TV. The breakfast was exquisite and both myself and my partner felt that nothing would have been too much trouble for Janet the landlady who was very welcoming and helpful. Highly recommended for anyone who is looking for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
JanetB42, Owner at Park Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Dear Ali,

Thank you very much for your very kind review...I'm so pleased that you decided to stop by and stay at Park Cottage.

It was a pleasure meeting with you both...especially with your partner being from near my home town!

All the best,

Janet.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Castle Limes Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon
Mallory Court Hotel
Mallory Court Hotel
#2 of 16 in Leamington Spa

Been to Park Cottage? Share your experiences!