“Enjoyable stay”
Review of Warwick Arms Hotel

Warwick Arms Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed February 19, 2014

A really pleasant hotel with friendly staff who make your stay a pleasure. We arrived on the day that a major boiler failure had left a significant number of bedrooms without heating, however, the issue was dealt with speedily and effectively and frankly had it not been for the additional portable radiators in our room we would never have known there was a problem.
Accommodation was clean and comfortable there was residents' parking at the rear of the hotel and the staff could not have been more friendly or more helpful. Breakfast was pretty standard stuff but cooked very well and served quickly. Dinner again was pretty standard pub/hotel food but produced too a high standard. Rather oddly we thought the dining room is closed on a Sunday night, however, there are some very nice restaurants within a short walk of the hotel.
In short the Warwick Arms is not a hotel that is exceptional in any one area but it is very good in most.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 26 which was spacious, quiet and comfortable.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here for a night before visiting Warwick Castle. The accomadation is fresh and modern. There is a small car park but it was not signposted. The receptionist was very helpful and interested in our stay. We chose not to east here as it felt a bit too modern for us, but the restaurant did look inviting, and we did enjoy drinks in the bar before heading out. The restaurant was very comfortable when we had breakfast the next day. The hotel seemed to cater well for both couples and families. Would highly recommend it, and it is also literally a 5 minute walk to the castle.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

A great hotel with a brilliant restaurant. staff were friendly the food was amazing and the service was great. Rooms were comfortable and the best night sleep in ages. The price was reasonable and included dinner and warwick castle tickets so a great weekend away!

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a competition win with my husband and 2 daughters. Staff were friendly and helpful from the start. My daughters are only 6 and 7 but they were made to feel welcome and relaxed.
All the staff were friendly and interested in how far we'd come (220 miles) and about Newcastle itself.
Room was lovely, even the bunk beds were comfy!
The girls left a small mirror in the room which was returned by post the following day with a lovely note.
Would love to return with my other kids in the summer.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine L
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great hotel very friendly staff who made you feel at home. Has a few quirks which added to the character. We stayed in the family room which was a comfortable size and the kids loved the bunk beds which kept them happy :)

My wife and I both had the steak for our dinner and the kids had their usual chicken nuggets & chips and then proceeded to devour my wife's steak as well :-p

The breakfast served up was great and went down very well with all of us. On our last day Catherine was kind enough to offer to set up a tray of food for me to take up for my wife and daughter who were still in bed which was great as my wife didn't wake up for another hour after breakfast had stopped being served.

What I liked most is how friendly all the staff were to all of us especially Corey who was great with my kids and Farah the Asst GM who called us as we left to let us know my daughter had left something behind and offered to post it out to us (which I received this morning thank you very much). I've stayed in many hotels in the past and the Warwick Arms is the first place I've stayed where the service we received from everyone we met there has been excellent. Keep up the good work guys and we hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have not stayed here so I cannot review the hotel but I did call in for a drink at the bar. I have never known such slow service, on the night I visited it must have taken me 15 minutes to get served as there was only one person behind the bar and a function on elsewhere in the hotel. I know it is difficult to cater for big peaks but you need to do better if you are to stop your customers moving on to another bar or pub. Nice beer though once we did get served.

Room Tip: Only had a drink at the bar
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel twice in late 2013 on business. The location is excellent, being right in the middle of Warwick with some nice restaurants and pubs nearby. The restaurant is good, with some lovely food and the staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Unfortunately the rest of the hotel is a not great. The rooms are very small, at least the 2 I stayed in. The door frame was only about 6 feet high, which meant I had to duck down every time I walked through it. There was no double-glazing in the bathroom which meant getting out of the shower in the morning was fairly uncomfortable.

The hallways are weird, with uneven creaky floors everywhere. These are all things you'd associate with an old building that hasn't had any work done to it in ages, and things you wouldn't expect to see in a hotel - I can't remember the last time I stayed somewhere with no double-glazing!

So in summation, as the title suggests, the staff, location and food are all good, but the building itself is poor.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business