“Good location with excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Warwick Arms Hotel

Warwick Arms Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Dartford
“Good location with excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

My parents and I stayed at the Warwick Arms for 2 nights in October to attend a Wedding.The hotel is in a great location,just a short walk from the main shops and within walking distance of the castle.We arrived late evening and found the staff to be very welcoming and helpful,they even assisted us in finding a parking space.
We were particulary impressed with Scott, the extremely helpful duty manager,who carried our luggage and escorted us to our room.Scott very kindly offered us an upgraded room as he felt it would be more suitable,which we accepted.
We thoroughly enjoyed the Wedding reception which was held at the hotel,and also enjoyed the choices on the breakfast menu. We would definitely stay here again as the staff, food and service were excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Deborah N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely experience at this hotel. We arrived 6 hours before we could check in to spend the day at the Castle and were allowed to leave our bags in reception for the day, then when we did check in were greeted by lovely staff topped of with a lovely room with a view! The room was amazing, we were a little dissatisfied with the bathroom provision (no soap for the sink and only enough shower gel and shampoo for one) but other than that no complaints at all! The staff were extremely accommodating and very quick to attend to any needs. The view of the castle from the room was the icing on the cake. The breakfast was lovely too, next time we visit we will try the restaurant for dinner as well. The hotel is in a brilliant location, 5 minute walk to the castle and right in the centre of town! We will be back!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kayleigh-Ann B
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked last minute because I had already booked a meeting room. On arrival I was asked to complete the usual registration card, but on this occasion was asked to complete my credit card number details. I have never in all the hundreds of hotel I have stayed in been asked to write this out on a registration card. Small or large hotels, they always take a swipe of your card. I explained I had already given my card details when booking the meeting room, and online the night before when I booked the rooms. I think it is a security risk to write out on paper as well, and totally unnecessary. I kept being told it is hotel policy, which I think in this day and age it is time to review! It must put some nervous people off, but there again they are in a position not to refuse when they have just arrived to stay. I would not stay again given this 'hotel policy' and would not recommend to anyone else. Ridiculous and lets the hotel down.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 858Lyn59
Chesham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel is difficult to fault but, I have stayed in hotels that are a level above this and they were cheaper. I suppose one is paying for the location. Room was good and the lighting system quirky but it worked. A tad tight on the bath goodies especially as there were 2 of us. I agree a room at the back is much quieter. Food was good and the breakfast was filling.
For what we paid it was difficult to say it was worth it. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed with friends for the weekend. Ideal location for shopping & the castle. Our room was an acceptable size, but some of our friends found the rooms small. We booked late and so our choice of rooms was limited. We would stay again but would select the larger rooms. Lovely decor, relaxing atmosphere & helpful staff. Breakfast was good - food in the evening looked great although we didn't eat there this time.

Room Tip: Rooms 10 & 18 are larger
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Essex England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here Saturday 19th October for 1 night. - Staff friendly - breakfast Good.
I booked & paid for 2 superior rooms totalling £222.00 one with newspaper - nothing complimentary here.
Clean rooms but over priced. No goodies, like nice shampoos n soaps, no slippers or dressing gowns - just a basic room, 1 shampoo 1 shower Gel when two were in the room? A plus the town itself is right on the door step, quaint with nice individual shops - little parking in surrounding areas what is there is only for 2 hours for £2 - no return for 4 hrs, no room in pub/hotel car park - that only has about 8 spaces. So the 24 hours we were there meant lots of feeding machine and moving car - a big headache and the reason we would not stop here again -and I still can't get over the cheek to call the 2 rooms we had superior. Had they been called standard I wouldn't of felt less cheated. Head for Holiday Inn Express 4 miles up the road - and get a taxi in is my advice, rooms around £50 cheaper too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Worthing, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

A nice central location but don't expect to park the car nearby. The room was "out the end door and its the last red door at the end" We were eventually guided across the courtyard by a kitchen smoker on his break. Adequate sized room but with a stow-away double bed (made-up). I thought we might have a view of the castle or even wildebeast crossing the Serengeti as in Fawlty Towers. No, we had a Hippo, well a hippo bag, discarded furniture and scaffolding on the patio outside the locked door. Once unpacked we went to the bar but it lacked staff. The restaurant menu was 'pub food' so we went out and found the Castle Kitchen (see revue). Excellent! Noise from upstairs, we could hear shoes being dropped and footsteps across the ceiling. A disappointing stay but as it was not expensive I won't moan about it.

Room Tip: Olde worlde in the main building or cheap and cheerful out the back.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family