“Standard Public House Hotel - nothing Superior about our room”
Review of Warwick Arms Hotel

Warwick Arms Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here Saturday 19th October for 1 night. - Staff friendly - breakfast Good.
I booked & paid for 2 superior rooms totalling £222.00 one with newspaper - nothing complimentary here.
Clean rooms but over priced. No goodies, like nice shampoos n soaps, no slippers or dressing gowns - just a basic room, 1 shampoo 1 shower Gel when two were in the room? A plus the town itself is right on the door step, quaint with nice individual shops - little parking in surrounding areas what is there is only for 2 hours for £2 - no return for 4 hrs, no room in pub/hotel car park - that only has about 8 spaces. So the 24 hours we were there meant lots of feeding machine and moving car - a big headache and the reason we would not stop here again -and I still can't get over the cheek to call the 2 rooms we had superior. Had they been called standard I wouldn't of felt less cheated. Head for Holiday Inn Express 4 miles up the road - and get a taxi in is my advice, rooms around £50 cheaper too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 21, 2013

A nice central location but don't expect to park the car nearby. The room was "out the end door and its the last red door at the end" We were eventually guided across the courtyard by a kitchen smoker on his break. Adequate sized room but with a stow-away double bed (made-up). I thought we might have a view of the castle or even wildebeast crossing the Serengeti as in Fawlty Towers. No, we had a Hippo, well a hippo bag, discarded furniture and scaffolding on the patio outside the locked door. Once unpacked we went to the bar but it lacked staff. The restaurant menu was 'pub food' so we went out and found the Castle Kitchen (see revue). Excellent! Noise from upstairs, we could hear shoes being dropped and footsteps across the ceiling. A disappointing stay but as it was not expensive I won't moan about it.

Room Tip: Olde worlde in the main building or cheap and cheerful out the back.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A very nice looking hotel conveniently located in the centre of Warwick, sounds ideal, but ..... the bed played a merry little tune on it's springs every time we moved, making a restful night elusive, the bathroom was modernly appointed, meaning that the stylish shower enclosure didn't enclose and left you wading back to the bedroom after a shower. WiFi, now that's bizarre, there is Free WiFi, but, not for residents, for anyone who buys a hot drink between 11:00 and 16:00, so residents have to buy a drink to get WiFi access, outside those hours wifi is charged at the usual extortionate rates. I can't quite work out the logic of giving free access to the public for a cup of coffee but not to residents who have paid £80 for a room, but I'm sure they know what they are doing ....
Finally, on check in they don't take a swipe of a card, but ask the customer to write down the card details on the registration form, seems pretty insecure to me so we refused and paid up front, but the answer "we've been doing it for years" seemed to explain everything according to the receptionist.
For the balancing inconvenience of staying a little further out of town a better experience could be found!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend at the beginning of September. The hotel is in a very good location to visit the castle and Warwick itself. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and modern. The only negative was that the rooms were smallish (but fine for a long weekend) and the shower cubicle was very small (and the shower head couldn't really be adjusted). Otherwise, the staff were all friendly and helpful. Recommend getting a room on the top floor overlooking the back of the hotel to avoid the (slightly) noisy road to the front.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the top floor and away from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Friendly enough place , rooms spotless BUT room 4 very small and the bathroom was tiny, not cheap either. Location is perfect and the breakfasts were lovely. I would return but would ask for a larger room if there are any.

Room Tip: Ask how big the rooms are when booking
Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Really disappointed by this hotel where I stayed two nights for work reasons.
1. Rooms have no adequate sound insulation. On first night I was kept awake by people in room next door having a conversation. They weren't raising their voices but I heard every word.
2. On the second night, there was a disco. We were told it would finish at 12. It was at least quarter past. My room was directly above it and I could hear thumping music then the sound of staff clearing away till well after 1 am. Not great when you have to work next day.
The staff were unapologetic and said we had been told about it when we checked in. I wasn't told or I would have gone to a different hotel.
3. Mý cooked breakfast was lukewarm.
4. The lights in my room were faulty and constantly dipped on and off which made reading a book in bed impossible.
5. Bathroom fan was noisy and my bathroom light and fan came on by itself in the night and woke me up. I wonder if the electrics are actually safe given all these issues.
6. Staff at breakfast were slow - had to ask for tea and coffee, a tea cup, milk and so on.
7. Shower wasn't hot enough and the water pressure was lacklustre.
8. Bath mat removed from my room after one night and not replaced.
9. I was told I had to swipe a credit card on arrival even though work had paid for my room and I knew I wouldn't want extras.
I could go on. I shall be staying in the Premier Inn on future business trips to Warwick!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The location in the centre of Warwick is great (if you need to be in Warwick that is) and it has been tastefully decorated, but other than that this hotel is charging a premium for not a lot. Some will call it bijoux but most couples will struggle to navigate their way around the bedrooms or bathrooms without crashing into one another. In our particular case the shower door would not fully close either which led to puddles all over the bathroom. As for quaint - there is not a level floor or wall in the whole place and unless you want to be subjected to creaking floor boards above your head you should insist on a room on the top floor; it works for some but not for me.
On the positive side I can heartily recommend the breakfast which were excellent. There is a also handy car park at the back of the hotel but it is not large so get there early if you want a free parking space.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple