Warwick Arms Hotel
$93
$92
$81
  • Pool
Premier Inn Warwick Hotel(Warwick)(Great Value!)
$80
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Haseley Coach House Motel(Warwick)(Great Value!)
$83
All reviewshigh streetsash windowsold buildingking roomtown centre locationcar parkbunk bedsfamily roomlimited parkinggood sizelovely hotelwould stay againfull english breakfastfew minutes walkstayed here for one nightweekend breakbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We recently stayed at the Warwick Arms Hotel when attending a wedding at Warwick Castle. In terms of location this couldn't be better - literally 5 mins to the entrance of the castle. However, I think we paid a premium for the convenience.

Our room itself was fine - there were some snacks available for purchase and a travel kettle with tea and coffee-making facilities (but no fridge/minibar). But it was quite small and pretty standard given the price. The bathroom was also small and poorly ventilated so it was still steamed up from the previous occupant/clean and smelt very musty. Even after leaving a window open the whole time we were out at the wedding this mouldy smell remained which was disappointing given the price we paid (£110 for the night).

We were the first down for breakfast in the morning as we had to leave early, and the staff were busy chatting loudly amongst themselves. While I don't expect them to serve us in an anally-retentive silence, they did not acknowledge us for some 5-10 mins while we listened to them loudly discussing how the locks on the toilet doors were broken and how someone was late to work that day. When we were served we both chose the full English breakfast which was included in the price of the room and it was very good.

We then struggled for nearly 10 mins to get our car out of the car park where I think too many spaces have been crammed in. I am sure this has been done with good intentions to allow as many customers as possible to park on site but we only drive a Renault Clio and despite being parked in a designated bay we nearly didn't make it out with both wing mirrors attached.

I didn't want this to come across as a moaning review - the reception staff were very welcoming and polite, the bar downstairs seemed lovely, breakfast was excellent and the room was clean and had no major problems - but I did come away feeling a bit disappointed and that I had paid slightly over the odds.

Room Tip: We had Room 2 - small and with a musty bathroom. I would avoid it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very excitably rude women working at reception yesterday, i must warn folks! The english looking one with dark straight hair in a pony tail, pale and dark eyes..very rude when i wasnt sure if i wanted the room she had shown and offered, it was the only room that was ready and available as all the rooms still needed cleaning,and so i needed time to think about it for a couple of minutes as i didnt really like the room and thought the room wall looked dirty. i said i wouldnt mind waiting after 3 till all the rooms were ready, so i could have a better look around at the rooms at what would be suitable. I didnt want an arguement or to complain whilst being there, even though i was hurt and upset, it was for the sake of my mum who was trying to cheer me up after having a lot on my plate recently. The very rude staff member nagged at me to take the room and pressurised us which was very uncomfortable and embarrassing. We did take the room because of the predicament plus we had heavy luggage and little time to explore warwick.
Be careful as she will come over respectable sweet and ready to help, dont be fooled! She wont like the idea of you wanting to be remotely dissatisfied in what she has to offer accommodation wise! once she has shown you any room even the first which was our case, soon she starts to become intimidating and quite strangely cold, if you dont take the room,like if we are wasting her time! I payed £99 for the one night, do i have a right of opinion by the way i have been treated? Ruined my holiday :(

Food was absolutely lovely! The lady with the short blonde hair was so polite and very professional at her job taking orders and helping to serve the food. The rest of the hotel staff where friendly. Room was ok, but be warned you may feel you are not alone in that room, my mum heard scratching noises on here pillow as she was laying down, her mattress went down as if there was a weight resting on the mattress, and the tv switched on my itself as soon as she heard the noises. Bed moved too while i was in it. Me and mum had no sleep hardly!

Room Tip: Avoid room 22 in this hotel, unless you like ghosts turning your tv on, scratching at your bedside and leaning on your mattress! Me and mum were scared.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Another one night corporate stay for me.

First the good: reception, staff attitude, service, real ale, bar meals and breakfast choice.

Now the stuff that means I wouldn't stay again. Room was at the front of the hotel on a main street through Warwick. Wooden window frame + main road + single glazing equals noise at night. I slept very poorly; was it the uncomfy bed or noise, I don't know?. Also, I had to use the oil fired radiator as it was an exceptionally cold night in September (2c) and the central heating was not on.

They do have rooms to the rear; I suspect these are more expensive for quietness but my expense account may not extend to their costs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We (a couple) stayed here on a Saturday night for a wedding at the same property.

We had a to have a twin room as all doubles were booked. The room (23) was a reasonable size for a twin with relatively basic furnishings. The bathroom is tiny but sufficient for a one night stay. Both the room and bathroom were clean.

It was my first time in Warwick and I don't know the area well but it appeared to be a very central location on the main street, noise wasn't an issue and we used the limited parking spaces round the back.

Breakfast was ok with standard cereals, yoghurts and fruit available. We both had the fry up which was reasonable although a little on the small side.

Like all hotels you get what you pay for, this was an average hotel but priced accordingly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The hotel is a well appointed, historic establishment in the heart of Warwick. Just down the road from the Lord Leycester Hospital Museum (Excellent). However, the hotel does not serve meals on Sunday night. We went out to visit one of the many local restaurants. only to find that unless you've booked you have no chance of a meal. We encountered many groups of people, who like us couldn't find anywhere to eat. In the end we went back to a deserted hotel to dine on a packet of Pringles.

The owners of this hotel must be raving mad not to open on a Sunday night. If they had, the restaurant would have been packed out, & the hotel would have made a killing.

Bed & room very nice. Breakfast excellent.

A word of advice to the breakfast manager. We expect you to have issues with staff, but I don't want to hear you berating one of the waiters 10 foot from my table. Just because I can't see you, it doesn't mean I can't hear you. It's not very proffessional.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple