“unbelievable service fantastic staff !!!”
Review of Rose and Crown

Rose and Crown
Ranked #2 of 24 Warwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We began our my honeymoon at the Rose & Crown , my husband called and explained that its special and wanted to know what they were offering .. The staff member said they will see what they can do .. Well they went beyond service we had flowers a wedding card and chilled wine waiting for us .. highly recommend this amazing place the room was so sweet clean and fresh it makes it memorable .. I want to thank the staff for amazing service and looking after us .. we checked in on the 7th November for the night , best night had , Im from Australia and the locals even made it very welcoming ....highy recommend this place to stay eat and drink .... will definetely be going back... thank you ...!!!!

Room Tip: this is a cosy 5 bedroom venue highly recommend it ...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a fabulous little bed and breakfast in the centre of Warwick. We were looking for a mini break on a budget and found this little gem! It is a bar/restaurant with 5 bedrooms upstairs. The rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped, not much of a view from our room, as it looked out onto a flat roof, but the window was beautifully dressed. A little attention to detail needed in the rooms, such as light fittings with no light bulbs, and chipped paint on the wood work in the communal areas. But on the whole, the room was very pleasing to the eye with its contemporary decor. Staff were very pleasant and helpful, and the food was amazing, the venue boasts the winner of the pub Chef of the year 2012, and having sampled his food, he was a worthy winner! Breakfast was also very good, with a large selection of organic cereal, and hot food. Would whole heatedly recommend the rose and crown, and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I booked a table for 5 for Sunday lunch. We arrived on time to find the table was unprepared, and the space so cramped that it was almost understandable when a member of staff upset a glass of red wine over one of my London guests designer dress. All chose Sunday Roast which was good, with the exception of the roast potatoes which had obviously been kept warm for a long time and had gone unpleasantly hard as a result. The desserts were alright, but totally uninspiring. Overall, the portions were small and over-priced. Believe me, there are are at least two much better bar/restaurants in Warwick's neighbouring town, Leamington Spa.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Peach_Pubs, On behalf of the manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your review, whilst it is not a great one I appreciate your comments. Sundays are wonderful to work as long as everything goes to plan and when tables do not vacate in time for the next sitting it can cause trouble- Hence your delayed lunch. I expect adding the spillage on top did not equal to a good start! Please do pass on my sincere apologies to your friend and we will most certainly be happy to pay for the dry cleaning of the dress.
We have been working very hard on Sunday services recently as this is my personal favourite meal of the week! The meats we use are top class and come from an award wining butcher Aubrey Allen in Leamington Spa and all our veg is as locally sourced as possible, I am glad you enjoyed these- despite the roast potatoes. What annoys me the most about your experience is that the deal when you order a roast is you can have more veg, potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and gravy if you would like. We believe in a family style lunch where there is always extra’s on hand.
Can I not tempt you back in and I will personally show you how it should be done? Please do give us another chance! I have eaten in many places in Leamington and am very proud of our food especially our Roasts and am willing to put a wager on it that I can change your mind! Contact me personally at the Pub please.
Best wishes Suzie Ayling, General Manager.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My partner and I checked on late rooms for a last minute hotel and rose and crown had availability. We were in Warwick and decided to pop in to book rather than do so online right nearby! When we went in we were left waiting a long time at the bar, when we were finally served and asked about a room the server went off to ask another girl who obviously could not be the least bit bothered about dealing with booking in that we were told they had no vacancies. An obvious lie. Staff were unhelpful and I would not recommend at all due to the poor service.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Warrior123
Peach_Pubs, on behalf of the manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for your time and your feedback. I am extremely sorry you have had such a negative experience with us at The Rose. We really do pride ourselves on a friendly service and have a can do attitude where we will do anything to help! I find your review extremely worrying and upsetting and will be investigating further. Late rooms is a magnificent tool and we do rely on this for lots of trade, it can also be a nuisance though as it updates its availability hourly so there can be problems when enquiring about a room. We only have 5 rooms at the moment, but one of these has your name on it free of charge should you be visiting Warwick again. Once again I am terribly sorry for your negative experience, I genuinely believe it is an isolated incident and should you like to either discuss this further or take me up on the offer- contact me personally at The Rose-I am the new General Manager Suzie Ayling

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We eat here for our business meetings and usually phone ahead with our orders. Food is always great and service excellent. Would not hesitate to recommend for a group or business lunch. Evenings tend to be a bit too busy for eating as used as a venue for people meeting up forntheir night out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went with two friends on Tuesday August 21. I had the salmon fishcake. It was enormous! But delicious. I'd not recommend having the chips - reason being there was a lot of potato in the fishcake and chips were delicious but a bit much and I couldn't manage a pudding! I'd go for a salad next time. The menu was reasonable and there was lots of variety. There was also a specials board. I'm going to go back next time I'm in Warwick. My friends had the bangers and mash and the BBQ chicken and both said they were v good. The deserts weren't that inspiring unfortunately but I didn't try as I was too full!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed for two weeks while I was on business in the area. This is a local pub with a few rooms overhead. Our room was large and well furnished for a room over a pub. Staff was more than friendly and attentive, which really means something when they have large crowds of local people gathering in the evening for drinks and, in many cases, dinner. The menu is limited but good and varies with the day of the week. It is a B&B and breakfast can be anything from toast to a Full English Breakfast. Cereal, toast and juice is self served. Cooked breakfast was, when we had it, very well done.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business