“Terrible service”

Rose and Crown
Ranked #2 of 23 Warwick B&B and Inns
“Terrible service”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My partner and I checked on late rooms for a last minute hotel and rose and crown had availability. We were in Warwick and decided to pop in to book rather than do so online right nearby! When we went in we were left waiting a long time at the bar, when we were finally served and asked about a room the server went off to ask another girl who obviously could not be the least bit bothered about dealing with booking in that we were told they had no vacancies. An obvious lie. Staff were unhelpful and I would not recommend at all due to the poor service.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Warrior123
Peach_Pubs, on behalf of the manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your time and your feedback. I am extremely sorry you have had such a negative experience with us at The Rose. We really do pride ourselves on a friendly service and have a can do attitude where we will do anything to help! I find your review extremely worrying and upsetting and will be investigating further. Late rooms is a magnificent tool and we do rely on this for lots of trade, it can also be a nuisance though as it updates its availability hourly so there can be problems when enquiring about a room. We only have 5 rooms at the moment, but one of these has your name on it free of charge should you be visiting Warwick again. Once again I am terribly sorry for your negative experience, I genuinely believe it is an isolated incident and should you like to either discuss this further or take me up on the offer- contact me personally at The Rose-I am the new General Manager Suzie Ayling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Solihull
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We eat here for our business meetings and usually phone ahead with our orders. Food is always great and service excellent. Would not hesitate to recommend for a group or business lunch. Evenings tend to be a bit too busy for eating as used as a venue for people meeting up forntheir night out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went with two friends on Tuesday August 21. I had the salmon fishcake. It was enormous! But delicious. I'd not recommend having the chips - reason being there was a lot of potato in the fishcake and chips were delicious but a bit much and I couldn't manage a pudding! I'd go for a salad next time. The menu was reasonable and there was lots of variety. There was also a specials board. I'm going to go back next time I'm in Warwick. My friends had the bangers and mash and the BBQ chicken and both said they were v good. The deserts weren't that inspiring unfortunately but I didn't try as I was too full!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brookline, MA
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed for two weeks while I was on business in the area. This is a local pub with a few rooms overhead. Our room was large and well furnished for a room over a pub. Staff was more than friendly and attentive, which really means something when they have large crowds of local people gathering in the evening for drinks and, in many cases, dinner. The menu is limited but good and varies with the day of the week. It is a B&B and breakfast can be anything from toast to a Full English Breakfast. Cereal, toast and juice is self served. Cooked breakfast was, when we had it, very well done.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Had a large family gathering at the Rose and Crown on Saturday evening. We were a very large group and I have to praise everyone with the way they looked after us. Everything was very well organised and the food was excellent. Thank you Gemma you made our evening very special.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I just popped in for a quick bite to eat. The meat platter was fantastic. The beef was rare, the pork really tasty, the sausages hot, the bread warm, the pickles sweet and the service just right. All simple things but excellently done.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We visited in July for 1 night, making our reservation through Booking.com. Upon arrival, we were shown the wrong room, a very small room on the first floor with one bed. Since I had booked a room for 3,(and all 3 of us were standing there) it was obviously incorrect, and then we were shown a large room on the top floor with a queen bed and a single bed which was quite nice, except there was a mystery water stain (still wet, quite big, about 1' x 2 1/2') outside the bathroom door. The man who showed us the room told us that he had 2 bookings for the same name for the night (really?) and that is why we were shown the smaller room. My main complaint is that when we went to check out, I paid the bill as Booking .com says that you pay the hotel direct, even though Booking.com does require your credit card number. I was assured that the credit card had not been charged, so I paid the bill (fortunately on the same credit card) and when I accessed my account upon arriving home, found that I had indeed been double charged, one the charge I authorized listed as The Rose and Crown and one from www.roseandcrownwarwic, for exactly the same amount (down to the pennyas this was with a conversion from pounds to $!). I sent an e-mail when the mistake was discovered, and 2 weeks later I have heard nothing, so I contacted the credit card company.

I also would like to point out that there is no parking available except on the street with meters, and that the car must be moved by 9 am to avoid charge, and parking is only permitted in 1/2 hour intervals, no repeats, so it is hard to enjoy breakfast when dealing with this time frame. Parking is free after 6pm so no problem at night, if you are lucky enough to get a convenient space.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bensen
Peach_Pubs, on behalf of the manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us. It’s a great help for us to see and hear what our guests experience, so we can make sure we improve and ensure everyone has a great time, and in turn come back.
We are sorry that you were double charged for your room we have since refunded for the over charge. We are upset to hear that you did not receive a response from us when you emailed as we strive to respond to every email, unfortunately yours was somehow missed. We are in the process of re-energising our rooms and we started with the carpet area outside the bathroom in the room where you stayed.
Once again I do hope you accept our apologies, as we do endeavour to make everybody have a great experience with us. If you do come back over to Warwick please email or call and we will make sure that you have the experience that we always try to deliver.
Thank you.