“great tapas in warwick”

Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

, great atmosphere and very very authentic, tasca dali really is a taste of real spain in the heart of england. we were there this weekend with friends of ours. none of us had been before but i can guarantee that it wont be last time for any of us. theres 4 wine s to choose from for a start, 1 red, 1 white, 1 rose and 1 fizz. but its the food thats a real surprise. theres no menu just a simple question from the owner.......is there anything in particular that you dont like???? the rest is up to them. food comes on sharing plates one item at a time. its cooked behind the bar right in front of you and each time you have no idea what you are having. the food is delicious and cooked to perfection. would very much reccommend this delightful tapas bar for a great night out. 8 courses including 2 sweet dishes plus 2 £20 bottles of wine for £120 between 4 of us. outstanding VFM. we were all full at the end of the night.

1  Thank Phil A

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I often pick Tasca Dali for celebratory purposes - like my birthday for instance last week! Even though we came at a really busy time and the place is small, we were still given a great seat for no trouble at all. Everything is made fresh and with precision and apart from a general idea of what they're making next, there's no telling what it is. There's no menu or tiny sharers in generic tapas bars. However when it comes it's always amazing! The flavours in particular are so rich and light which is my favourite aspect of Spanish food, not heavy like the French make their cuisine! The drinks are gorgeous, we're always looked after and the guys are willing to accommodate to us without any fuss.
My only criticism is that the rare beef last time was indeed very rare, however that's just personal preference and it was still cooked. I always demolish your dishes!

1  Thank MountainPeak11
Reviewed December 12, 2013

As much as I didn’t like this place I wasn’t really thinking anything “extremely bad” about it.
I was very curious to see the other reviews, so I actually read most of them, and then I got annoyed – This guy just don’t know how to accept criticism.
I have to agree with most of them –
The attitude of the owner is awful, he can be very rude. You can clearly see that at some point he doesn’t like to keep making food.
The food is too little and it takes very long time before you get it. We were very hungry after we “finished”. At some point during the meal I even asked “can we order more dishes?” The answer was – you can’t order but the food is coming, it was another 15min. before we got anything as we had to wait for the guy to finish is cigarette break. The food was not more than OK, the use of the same dressing on most of the dishes, makes it taste the same. I have to say, we won’t be going again.

You might don’t like it, but I will give the advice anyway – people use trip advisor to share their experience and views. Yes, in some cases it is just a bad review or not the most flattering compliment you can get as a restaurant owner. You have to remember one thing, if you want people to respect you and your business, just be professional, provide your answer/view rather than your sarcastic non meaningful reply.

12  Thank Casillero_del_Diablo
TascaDali, Owner at Tasca Dali, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. You are right .. I pop out for a ciggy, I can have an awful attitude and I can find it hard to accept criticism. If you had to wait 15 mins for food , it was probably due to the fact that it was being freshly made for you. We don't pile plates with carbs and additives to bloat you up....... so maybe you left feeling hungry.... i have no idea. You didn't mention that at the time. Most folks leave very happy and can't wait to come back. You didn't like it and will not be coming back. You might like to elaborate a little more on why other good reviews annoy you!Why are you so concerned about people respecting me and my business?What is your understanding of the word professional? I hope you don't find this reply sarcastic or non meaningful.. It is really not my intention.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was the first time at this Restaurant which had been recommended by friends. As there were six of us and the tables upstairs were small we had a larger table down stairs, not quite as much atmosphere but good to catch up. The dishes we had were good and you never knew what was coming next. I didn't feel that there was quite enough food for six people and the organiser said there was much more when just two people booked in. The quality was good and the wines sensibly priced and good quality. Being part time residents of Spain this was the best tapas type of meal we have experienced in a long time in the UK with friendly service. Perhaps it would be better with a smaller party when you could be seated upstairs near the bar with more atmosphere.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I thought the food here was good, but a little repetitive (a few different ingredients cropped up a few times in different ways), very tasty though. The vat of wine we managed to drink was great too. I thought the atmosphere was really good, with really friendly staff. The only thing that stopped a 5 star was that, for me, it's difficult to see how it fits in to an evening, by which I mean there probably isn't enough food for a proper dinner, but there's enough food for you not to go to dinner afterwards… if that makes sense. Overall a good experience, and a lovely little taste of Spain in Warwick. Would definitely recommend; so go and try it!

1  Thank dguk26