“Nice Italian :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Micatto

Micatto
Reserve with OpenTable
Micatto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 129 Restaurants in Warwick
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
SaarLouis, Germany
“Nice Italian :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Excellent food, décor, price and service, ticks all the boxes. Having visited twice now, I can say that the standards are well maintained.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank JuliusSebastianM

Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“This was a quality, good value, Italian meal with excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

My wife and I were out to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary and I thought we would try this Italian Restaurant, which has bee in Warwick of just over a year. We were not disappointed. The service was excellent, the ambience good and the food was very tasty and well presented.We started with Pizzette to start, Pollo E Gamberoni and Pollo E Dragonello as main meal, followed by Ice cream, espresso coffee and two delicious Italian cheeses. With glass of wine the cost was £54 and represented good value for money and a class meal. You might need to book in advance

2 Thank Roy S
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“A great night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have just dined at Macato two weeks on the trot and have to say its great.

The décor gives the impression of a classic Italian New York restaurant and the food does not disappoint. A wide and varied choice coupled with great service by authentic Italian staff. It sometimes takes a little time to make your self understood but that only adds to the experience.

A must if you happen to be in Warwick.

If you can try to book downstairs.

1 Thank Tim B
Portsmouth
“An Italian Treasure in the Making...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

This new Italian restaurant has all the ingredients to be a hit: stylish interior, mouth-watering menu, good wine list, open-kitchen and mainly Italian staff. What's not to like? We tried it on a Monday lunchtime in early December and I was surprised to find it empty at 12.45pm, especially as they offer a keenly-priced lunch menu with two-courses for £12.00 and three for £15.00, although a few more diners drifted in for a late lunch as we were finishing.

On arrival, we were left to settle at our table for some time before being given the menus ; a little too long for my family's liking given we were the only ones there. I live in Italy and am more chilled about the pause before service - after all Italian families like to greet each other and chat, and chat...and chat, but in England I think menus being given out immediately signals that the service is going to be efficient rather than sluggish.

Once we had the menus things looked-up and the charming waiter happily explained dishes, adapted orders to suit palates (in this case to omit the peppercorns on the penne al salmone) and brought our drinks without any delay. Note: this was lunchtime and I was with elderly parents so any delay was going to be commented on!

My parents chose the penne al salmone and pork cutlet with spaghetti Napoletana from the lunch menu; my niece the calamari fritto antipasti with a side order of chips, and my brother and I each chose a tagliatelle dish from the main menu. He, the Umbrian Tagliatelle con Fegatini and I the Tagliatelle Nere from the Veneto region.

Given the selection of food we had chosen, it was a testament to the chefs that it all turned-up together in a very short space of time. The calamari was beautifully presented, with chunky cripsy chips on the side and much appreciated by my niece - although if I had chosen it I would've liked to have seen some fried tentacles as well as the tubes. Extremely filling and great flavour, even though it was fried in a tempura batter and was only antipasti, was my niece's verdict - oh, and she was quite happy not to have any tentacles as she is rather squeamish!

All the pasta dishes were tasty, although the portion of Fegatini was rather on the small side; however my brother was soon helping my parents get through their respective penne and pork cutlet - huge portion sizes of both, and I'm told, very tasty. I loved my Tagliatelle Nere - a dramatic-looking dish of tender baby squid cooked with olives, capers, tomatoes and a hint of chilli tossed with black home-made ribbon pasta.

I passed on dessert and had a slightly weak double expresso, not nearly as strong as I am used to but then I have found it rarely is in the UK. The chocolate fondant and panna cotta were voted a hit, but sadly the tiramisus let the meal down - the texture was good but lacked any flavour with not even a hint of coffee or marsala wine to be found; very disappointing.

One other gripe - the kitchen is open-plan, as is the current trend, and if you wish you can sit at the bar and watch proceedings. However, was it really necessary to stand right at the front of the kitchen during service and whisk-up cream (or something similar) for over 10 minutes: our table was the nearest to the kitchen and it sounded as if they were digging up the pavement with a pneumatic drill, which killed all conversation. Surely that could've waited until the lunch trade had finished Micatto?

However, overall, Micatto is a hidden treasure; not the cheapest, but then given they are using top-quality ingredients and make their own pasta I think the menu is fairly priced. Even if you only have a limited budget then go and try the lunch menu, you won't be disappointed (unless the pneumatic mixer is going again!) - in the meantime I am saving-up to return for a spectacular dinner next time I am in Warwick!

2 Thank CoxyD
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Little Italy in Warwick.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Super food and really attentive and friendly staff. A surprise find for us and we look forward to eating there again. The fixed price lunch menu is a bargain at only £12 for two large courses.

Visited December 2013