“Different but nice.”

Micatto
Ranked #5 of 142 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Micatto Cusina Aperta opened in October 2012 in the heart of historic Warwick. "Cusina Aperta" means ”open kitchen”, it is a promise of quality food and the ability to see your food getting prepared by our team of chefs. Creative Director Mr Ahmadi has managed to capture an industrial feel, taking inspiration from New York's Soho area. The white shattered tiles, vintage lighting and mustard yellow leather sofas has given Micatto a contemporary and unique look as well as a comfortable feel. We are sourcing our ingredients from both local and Italian suppliers, some of which are imported specifically for our use. All of our pasta is made in house on a daily basis and we are creating amazing dishes, sometimes using the most simplest of ingredients. Executive chef Miss Elena Brannstrom used her knowledge in regional Italian cuisine, taking inspiration from both Asia, Middle East and Europe, using “The Italian Academy of Cuisine" as a guideline.
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

. We enjoyed the sharing concept and hope the owners will stick with it. If anything the service was too good and we felt a little rushed. Not sure why 2 maitre d's are required. We will be back

1  Thank Roelken

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was very disappointed with my sea bass risotto. Not only was the portion tiny I.e half a fillet, it had been heavily salted and Pan fried in a lot of oil. The risotto was cooked well but again swimming in oil and over seasoned with salt. Desserts were beautiful and steaks looked good. However I would not return again in a hurry.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was my 4th visit to micatto, convinced my family to go there for my brothers birthday as loved it so much !!!

Unfortunately they have (apparently the Chef) decided that at busy times they are not doing the Tapas. As a unique selling point, something different, it truly was amazing.

The quality of the food is still there, but the atmosphere has changed, along with the fun, unique element of being able to order 'tapas' style.

Gutted !!!!!!

2  Thank Bearfeet12
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Was looking forward to eating here after reading some great reviews. On the whole felt a little disappointed with the value for money and the taste of some of the dishes. Couldn't see the point of the complementary starter which had the six of us puzzled, basically a couple of carrot shavings and a few bits of leaf with olive oil on. I had the calamari to start, this was fine but the garlic dip it came with was massively overpowering, only had one mouthful and it was all I could taste for the rest of the evening. Between the 6 of us we tried different mains including the steak, king prawns, lamb and pork. All were ok but small portions with little sauce or any tastes that stuck out above average. The atmosphere is great and probably the best thing about the place, watch out for the service charge slapped on your bill.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I found this place on trip advisor, but there was no menu on their website to look at (i understand this is shortly to be added), so i didn't book, instead booked somewhere else. But...strolling through Warwick last Saturday afternoon we looked through the window (it was bustling at 4pm) and had a peek at the menu...immediately booking a table and cancelling our other reservation.

I could go on and on about this place but i will try and summarise....
Ambience - warm, good soft music, classy.
Service - faultless, friendly, helpful, happy to describe dishes, share favourites (both food and wine)...delivered with a sense of humour.
Wine - Great selection, my tastes were perfectly met
Food - WOW. Small plates of wonder, delicious meats, great cheese, beautiful creamy risotto and pasta, perfect bread. Every plate a taste sensation and at a fair price.

Great value. There were 3 of us, our bill was £100, that was 2 bottles of good wine and as much as we could eat from the menu. I'd go to Warwick again, solely to go to this place.

PS....we also had 3 cocktails afterwards...get them to make you a Frangelico, lemon and prosecco cocktail.

3  Thank Killer10