“Amazing Italian Tapas in Warwick!!!!!!”
Review of Micatto

Micatto
Ranked #5 of 142 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Micatto Cusina Aperta opened in October 2012 in the heart of historic Warwick. "Cusina Aperta" means ”open kitchen”, it is a promise of quality food and the ability to see your food getting prepared by our team of chefs. Creative Director Mr Ahmadi has managed to capture an industrial feel, taking inspiration from New York's Soho area. The white shattered tiles, vintage lighting and mustard yellow leather sofas has given Micatto a contemporary and unique look as well as a comfortable feel. We are sourcing our ingredients from both local and Italian suppliers, some of which are imported specifically for our use. All of our pasta is made in house on a daily basis and we are creating amazing dishes, sometimes using the most simplest of ingredients. Executive chef Miss Elena Brannstrom used her knowledge in regional Italian cuisine, taking inspiration from both Asia, Middle East and Europe, using “The Italian Academy of Cuisine" as a guideline.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I visited Micatto restaurant for lunch today on a recommendation from our friends. We decided to have a break from Christmas shopping and walked in for a spot of lunch/tapas. Wow, was the first word from our mouths as we entered the restaurant, a funky, contemporary New York loft style eatery located in Warwick. The industrial pipe work feeding the lighting was extremely modern and to be able to have the 'chef's table' experience whilst sitting on comfortable bar stools, watching the amazing team of chefs deliver plate after plate of marvellous food, was fantastic. We had not booked and the restaurant was extremely busy but we were given 2 x seats at the 'chef's table' straight away. It was very encouraging to hear a guest leaving as we arrived who described the food as, the best he had eaten in years, to the waiter! The staff we interacted with were all Italian and were very helpful with explaining the 'tapas' style of eating they offered. We started with the King Prawns and Scallops which were both cooked to perfection. We were not rushed with our food and didn't feel like we were being hurried to finish like another restaurant we ate at last week. We followed up with black pudding and quails eggs which were amazing, and finished with the fennel salad and the suckling pig which was worth every cent!!!!!!! The atmosphere was lively and relaxed, a superb dining experience. I did not attend the toilets, however my partner commented that even they were funky and immaculate as well. We contacted friends before we left and and arranged an evening booking there for next weekend there and then. I have also booked a business lunch here for in the week, a definite good find!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Warm friendly greeting. Shown to our table upstairs which unlike the ground floor main area lacked atmosphere. Actually felt as though we were being 'shoved upstairs out of the way'. If we return we would ask for table on ground floor and would recommend this to others. Waitress was helpful and attentive. With most dishes you have the option of choosing between small or larger plates.We opted for one 'large'' and three small ones between three of us plus a couple of appetisers. All were excellent but very small portions, a couple being ridiculously so. Example being 2 anchovies and a mouthful of marinated red peppers for a fiver! Ridiculous and unfortunately it set the scene for the dishes yet to arrive.
I'd label Micatto as 'an upmarket Italian based 'tapas' type restaurant offering small plates of expensive but high quality food'.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

As a regular overseas visitor to Warwick, it was lovely to see a new restaurant open. I am rarely disappointed when I visit here with the local restaurants in the area and I wasn't disappointed this time. We were greeted by a lovely waitress Ana, who showed us to our table which was upstairs. We weren't too happy about being upstairs as this area severely lacked in atmosphere. However, we ordered drinks and other nibbles whilst we chose our food. Namely, bread and olive oil, anchovies and olives. This was all very delicious but at £5 for 2 anchovies, most definitely on the expensive side. We went on to order risotto with rabbit, tiger prawns, veal cheeks with scallops and tempora style zuchinni. Not everything is available in a small portion as was the case with the veal cheek and scallop dish priced at £20. When this particular dish was served we were very surprised at the size of it. 2 scallops on top of a very small amount of veal cheek and onion. The food had been cooked and seasoned perfectly and we thoroughly enjoyed it, however, the price for each dish is quite honestly ridiculous. Our total bill came to just over £100 and considering what little amount of food we had ordered, this was VERY expensive. I would urge them to reconsider their pricing as I am concerned as to how they will maintain their customers long term.
Would I return on my next visit? Only if their prices are relative to the portion sizes.

1  Thank Heidi D
Reviewed November 15, 2012

A Tuesday night in Warwick - thought we'd try the new restaurant on the block - window display looked fab. We received a warm reception, wonderful decor, great ambiance. Authentic Italian atmosphere - although we experienced a bit of a communication issue, as we dont speak Italian! Cocktail selection was pretty poor and our gin martinis were served in tumbers! However the barman has panache! Great food selection - you can choose either large plates or small tapas size dishes - we wanted to try so many of their menu that we opted for 6 tapas items: pappardele with veal (beautiful), risotto rabbit (fantastic), grilled tiger prawns (superb flavour - my favourite - but at £5.50 each prawn I think this was silly), calamari fritti (oh wow!), lambs sweetbreads (too much crumb and also over-cooked so it could have been a bernard matthews turkey twizzler inside), baby artichokes (lush flavour but nothing of them), ......... excellent wines, iced limoncelos (amazing! cold liquer in a frosted glass - perfecto!)! The bill came to £150 for two of us. Bit pricey - michelin £ but not michelin standard - however still pretty fine cuisine. And a good fun dining experience! Yes we'll come here again!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Loved the menu - An Italian array of dishes from pasta/cold meats/Fish/Steak/Lamb dishes similar to tapas. The food was excellent really tasty dishes which you can share with friends.
I loved everything made even better with the superb service and friendly atmosphere. Interesting decor which has been inspired by the New York subway.
Worth a visit and I will definitely come back.