“Absolute Winner of a Restaurant !”
Review of High Pavement - CLOSED

High Pavement
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We ate here a few months back and loved it then but last night it was even better !

Positives
- brilliant staff , remembered us, got my pregnant wife a cushion, got us a table with space, polite, efficient, knew the menu, didnt swarm over us but were always on hand ! Probably the best staff I've come across and I've been lucky enough to eat at a fair amount of places. They also didnt rush us !
- food, the egg and soilders starter was great combination and my wife enjoyed the button mushroom soup ! They also keep the bread coming which I like ;-) i had the burger as just fancied it which was very high quality and wife had rump steak, all great inc the beet root side salad. The desert is ten out of ten especially the mini mango cheesecake !
- atmosphere, relaxed and airy, plenty of space and low level chit chat going on, everyone seemed happy. Decors smart and table sizes are ample.
- price, we ate all this great food and some drinks for £55 ! For this level of quality it can't be beaten, the lazy cow or rose and crown (two other faves) would have been over £80+ no problem....

Negatives - zero (and its rare i say that on a review)

Go try it, I can promise u a lovely experience , high pavement ....keep up the great work and do not loose that head chef .!

1  Thank AALowndes

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Having inspected the window menu earlier in the day it was decided to book an early evening table for four. It was a good decision as the whole evening was an enjoyable event that was enhanced by excellent food (lamb rump and chicken pot) and wine with attentive pleasant service. Not cheap but competitive and you get what you pay for.

1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were driving up the M40, and decided to head into Warwick for lunch. We were attracted by the look of High Pavement, and the reality more than matched our expectations. We didn't want a lot to eat, so chose from the small plates menu, with a bowl of chips to share. Some of the best mussels I've had anywhere, and the other family members loved their food too. Before our food arrived, we saw another table eating sandwiches, and they looked so fabulous we were a bit sorry we hadn't chosen them - until our food arrived! The wine list was extensive and had some good choices at the lower end - a perfect stop that left us refreshed and ready to drive on. Thank you.

1  Thank KathrynB48
Reviewed July 1, 2013

On a first time visit to Warwick i came across this restaurant, after reading the menu outside it appealed to me based on the wording of the menu. Very comfortable inside, excellent modern decor. I decided on the set menu which i think had about 3 choices on each course. Starter was pork belly and chorizo salad which was superb, main course i had fishermans pie, it came steaming hot, was very tasty and you could tell it was freshly made, there was also plenty of fish in it which is not always the case with fish pie. I didnt want a desert but as i'd enjoyed it so much i had cheese and biscuits, this came with homemade chutney and i think, sweet or fruit toast. Superb food and the set menu was fantastic value for money.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Fabulous food at very reasonable prices. The staff are always very friendly and welcoming. Can highly recommend the lunchtime sandwiches which are available till 6pm. A great place for any occasion, from a quick after work drink to a full blown night out or celebration.