“60th birthday skittles”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Wild Boar

The Wild Boar
Ranked #42 of 129 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
warwickshire
“60th birthday skittles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Celebrated my husbands 60th birthday with a skittles evening in the lovely fuction room. The food couldnt be faulted, really tasty and home cooked.Arranged party with Claire who was so welcoming and helpful as were the staff on the night. Beer from the on site micro brewery went down very well too.
If you are looking for a great fun, value for money evening with really good food I would highly recommend arranging a skittles night at The Wild Boar.
We havent tried the pub food yet but plan to very soon.

Visited February 2013

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Traditional real ale pub serving real food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We love this pub. It is the only solace for having to spend time at Warwick Hospital. A short walk from the hospital is this gem of a real ale pub, serving Slaughterhouse brewery beers and guest ales, usually offering a choice of about 8 bitters and milds as well as some ciders. They have recently started to do food every lunchtime and evening. We have had their baguette sandwiches, their Sunday lunches and their lunchtime specials at 2 for £10 which includes such favourites as liver and bacon with onion gravy and mash and sausage with chive mash We have also been to one of their themed Indian cuisine nights. Whenever we have been and whatever we have eaten, we have received a friendly welcome from the landlady or bar staff, relaxed in the bar with the real fire and enjoyed the food and the beer. What is there not to like?

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank chutneyprincess
“Great food and beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We ate with Friends in December. Between us we had the burgers (normal & veggie) and the steak and ale pie. The food was excellent and good value for money.

UK
“A proper pub...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Nipped in for a cheeky pint (or 2) with other half, had a 2 for £10 lunch from the winter warmers menu - the best Ham, Egg & Chips in Warwick I reckon. Friendly and efficient host, even though rammed with Xmas partygoers still a quiet table for two in the old snug available.

Even though on my doorstep, had not been for a while - on this evidence will become a regular once more.

Tell your chums, come and try a yummy menu and equally satisfying beer selection.

1 Thank slomofo
Warwick, United Kingdom
“The best pub in Warwick...... By far!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I like beer, and when the wild boar opened a little while back I thought I would try it out with my wife! What a find! A fantastic array of ales and lagers!! We just hoped this pub served food! Unfortunately back then it didn't!!! Thank goodness they have started serving food now!! It is brilliant! And I mean it! We went for Sunday lunch as a pre christmas dinner with our friends! We looked at the menu and were pleased with the choises and the price! I opted for the parsnip soup to start with home made beer bread!! "Fantastic" I was the only one to have a starter and made everyone jealous! Four of us went for the special of 'ham' and 1 for the turkey! Beautifully cooked and garnished well! A Yorkshire pud, wild boar sausage, cheesy leeks, swede and carrot mash, roasters, and lashings of sauce!! As a chef myself I was bowled over with the quality of everything on our plates, well seasoned and plentiful! I was a very happy boy. Then To the desserts, a choice of Xmas pudding, cheese,boozy trifle, creams brûlée or bread and butter pudding! We had one of each leaving the trifle for another time! Again fantastic! Smooth creme brûlée, plenty of cheese on the board and the Xmas pudding was nearly as good as my nans!!! By this point our two, 2 year olds were waking up and ready for action! We asked for some ice cream and it wasn't a problem, we asked for a high chair and it wasn't a problem! Basically nothing wAs a problem and everything was great !! Great beer, great food, great atmosphere, great price and great service ! The land lady is second to non!!!! She was brilliant!
Overall the wild boar has made our day! The best pub in Warwick serving the best beer in Warwick serving the best pub food in Warwick !!
I cannot wait for my next visit !!!

Give it a go!! .......soon!!!!

1 Thank thechef21