“Great place for lunch”
Review of Bread & Co

Bread & Co
Ranked #9 of 145 Restaurants in Warwick
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: An historical cafe on artisan Smith Street with cosy indoor seating and a surprisingly large courtyard garden out the back. Our homemade bread takes centre stage with a selection of delicious sandwiches and classic bakery treats such as welsh rarebit and croque monsieur. Our all day breakfast is very popular and includes our version of a full English breakfast and homemade toasted fruit bread. We also serve fabulous local coffee, a selection of teas and an ever changing offering of delectable cakes and sweat treats.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The sandwiches are first class, soup is devine and the tomatoes on toast different. One day I will manage a cake until then I will just admire them!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Such delicious cake and bread are served in this charming tea shop, well worth breaking my diet for. I cannot start to list my favourites ~ they change every new cake that I try, you really should try this place.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Two small shops have been converted into a cafe/ tea room with adjacent shop selling groceries and bread.
Bread & co are a small chain with several outlets in Leamington Spa
Mismatched tables and chairs in a warren of tiny rooms with a small rear garden.
The cakes on offer were delicious- you choose from the day's selection- and good range of teas and coffees.
Great place to read the papers or have a natter.
Popular with families.
Service a bit hap hazard from friendly student types.
Not cheap but not some soulless USA import.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We arrived early on a Saturday morning in Warwick and looked for somewhere that was open. Bread & Co looked very inviting. We ate a fresh, tasty breakfast that was served well. It was a bit chilly as the front door was left open - but a very pleasant start to our day!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

For such a short and sweet throughfare Smith Street has more than its fair share of places to eat so I'm going to excuse myself for roundly ignoring Bread & Co cafe since it opened earlier this year (?). Word of mouth encouraged me to visit recently and I've been kicking myself ever since.

The cafe is an absolute gem and ticks pretty much every box I can think of and some i didn't know I had. The premises has 4 separate areas to chosse from - the front entrance which has a couple of cushioned window seats and a large table with newspapers and an impressive selection of ridiculously tempting cakes (more of which later) - beyond that is a larger room with maybe 6/7 tables in it - the 3rd area has a couple of chairs tucked under a window ledge - and finally there's a pefectly unkempt garden area with 4/5 tables. The staff are polite, helpful, attentive and charming and the atmosphere is super calm. I had no problem relaxing immediately, even before I got my bearings and decided where to sit and the Australian (?) guy who served me was 'no worries' personified.

My chicken, bacon and brie on granary was made fresh and was as good a sandwich as I've ever had. The subsequent cake, which I had no intention of having when I walked in, was a moist, pistachio based, chocolate icing covered sensation just as it was this morning when I returned for another wedge with a take away coffee (proper and very good btw).

All in all a lovely little place in a great part of Warwick and one I'll be using regularly from now on for breakfasts, lunches and take aways. Not every day of course - well that's not my intention at least.

1  Thank marlpit7