“wow”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
oxford
“wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at wroxall abbey overnight for a wedding we were attending.

wroxall is a amazing setting for a wedding and the weather was fab which made for great pictures but i must admit a winter wedding would be so lovely here. The chapel is so romantic as is the abbey.

The staff are so nice and so welcoming, and wanted everyone to enjoy there stay.

Our room was beautiful and had a great view, we felt we woke up in Downton Abbey:) My husband said the Breakfast was lovely and lots of choice, unfortunately i did not make breakfast as slightly indulged to much the night before:)

Thankyou to you all at Wroxhall for making a great day really special with lovely memories.

Room Tip: we had room 61 in the abbey lovely room great view
1 Thank luke00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Street, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Had a great weekend with friends, enjoyed walking a round the grounds too and learning more about Christopher Wren. Disappointed I couldn't get a table for dinner as I was hoping to eat there but the bar was very good when I got back from the local gastro pub.

Room Tip: Book you meal when you make your booking or you might not get a table, I didn't but the pub 10 m...
1 Thank Peter G
manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

A quick night stop-over in a mansion room (47 i think) small, but quiet, v comfy bed & good view. As i had been driving for most of the day went straight to the spa 6pm ; a little tired but decent sized pool to swim, wet/dry sauna, enjoyed 2h , then a fantastic meal in hotel, followed by relaxing read in spacious lounge area.
Nice staff too, so had a very pleasant stay
Enjoyed breakfast then something most other places cannot, a quick strole thru garden & 11th century church

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank steven m
BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was a bit worried about visiting here after reading the reviews but I'm glad I didn't pay attention! The building itself is beautiful and surrounded by lovely gardens. The spa had exactly what u need, it wasn't massive but I spent a whole afternoon in there and only 3 other people came in the whole time! I didn't eat in the restaurant but had a couple of drinks in the bar which was reasonably priced and had friendly staff. We had an attic room and is was really big and clean with a comfortable bed and all other amenities you would expect. I will definitely be returning here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JAN_CBucks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was my first trip away from home as a single person in many years. Chose this hotel as I got a good deal and it was near enough to go home if I couldn't handle it. On arrival I was told I couldn't eat in the restaurant as it was too busy and bar meals end at 5.30pm. Only option was room service. Allocated room M41 a mansion room. Quite nice but as I later discovered very near the device area so incredibly noisy. Staff left doors open so noisier than it really needed to be. I ordered room service and was told it would arrive at 9pm. Not wishing to sit in my room all night I had a drink in the bar. Went back to my room at 8.30 and my dinner was already there - and stone cold! Kitchen noise continued until gone 10pm. At 6am Sunday morning I was woken by staff calling to each other and at 0630 the vacuuming started! So hardly any sleep was had. Went to leisure club before breakfast but sauna and steam room was turned off . I think someone should have put all this on before it opened at 7 as everything was cold and would take time to warm up. V disappointed all round. Won't recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I recently paid my 3rd visit to Wroxall Abbey with 6 Friends to celebrate my Birthday, Our Table was booked for 7-30pm, we arrived @ 7-10pm on our way to sit on the Terrace we ordered drinks from the bar which Tom very kindly delivered to our table on the terrace. when our meal was ready to be served we were seated at our table in the Restaurant the 3 course meal we had was perfect nothing was too much trouble for the staff, after the meal we had coffee in the Lounge we all were enjoying ourselves so much we didn't realise the time had gone so quick, we eventually left at 11-30pm. I cannot comment on the Hotel side as we live about 16 miles from Wroxall so we didn't stay, I can honestly say we have never been disappointed on the Service & Food that we received on our visits so much so that we are looking forward to our next one.

2 Thank Nebo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Very welcoming on arrival. Room lovely very clean. A little surprised no robes you had to request them!! Hair dryer very out dated. Spa sadly very under used so looked tired a little unloved. Didn't like some of the breakfast layout again for the price it was very much help yourself and i didn't like the jam and marmalade in a big bowel from a hygiene point of view I would have preferred my own little pot.
Would I stay there again? Yes I would. Grounds are beautiful.

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,989 reviews
Castle Limes Hotel
Castle Limes Hotel
#2 of 12 in Warwick

Been to Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate? Share your experiences!