Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ardencote(Claverdon)
View Hotel
The Oak Hotel(Hockley Heath)
Forest Hotel(Dorridge)
  • Free Internet
Haigs Hotel(Balsall Common)
Grand Hotel(Kenilworth)
  • Restaurant
All reviewslovely groundsgroupon dealspa facilitiescelebration packagelong drivewaymansion roomcourse taster menuchristopher wrensauna and jacuzziwedding venuesuperior roomhistoric buildingfour poster bedbuffet stylea lovely stayan overnight staybeans
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was a bit worried about visiting here after reading the reviews but I'm glad I didn't pay attention! The building itself is beautiful and surrounded by lovely gardens. The spa had exactly what u need, it wasn't massive but I spent a whole afternoon in there and only 3 other people came in the whole time! I didn't eat in the restaurant but had a couple of drinks in the bar which was reasonably priced and had friendly staff. We had an attic room and is was really big and clean with a comfortable bed and all other amenities you would expect. I will definitely be returning here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAN_CBucks
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was my first trip away from home as a single person in many years. Chose this hotel as I got a good deal and it was near enough to go home if I couldn't handle it. On arrival I was told I couldn't eat in the restaurant as it was too busy and bar meals end at 5.30pm. Only option was room service. Allocated room M41 a mansion room. Quite nice but as I later discovered very near the device area so incredibly noisy. Staff left doors open so noisier than it really needed to be. I ordered room service and was told it would arrive at 9pm. Not wishing to sit in my room all night I had a drink in the bar. Went back to my room at 8.30 and my dinner was already there - and stone cold! Kitchen noise continued until gone 10pm. At 6am Sunday morning I was woken by staff calling to each other and at 0630 the vacuuming started! So hardly any sleep was had. Went to leisure club before breakfast but sauna and steam room was turned off . I think someone should have put all this on before it opened at 7 as everything was cold and would take time to warm up. V disappointed all round. Won't recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I recently paid my 3rd visit to Wroxall Abbey with 6 Friends to celebrate my Birthday, Our Table was booked for 7-30pm, we arrived @ 7-10pm on our way to sit on the Terrace we ordered drinks from the bar which Tom very kindly delivered to our table on the terrace. when our meal was ready to be served we were seated at our table in the Restaurant the 3 course meal we had was perfect nothing was too much trouble for the staff, after the meal we had coffee in the Lounge we all were enjoying ourselves so much we didn't realise the time had gone so quick, we eventually left at 11-30pm. I cannot comment on the Hotel side as we live about 16 miles from Wroxall so we didn't stay, I can honestly say we have never been disappointed on the Service & Food that we received on our visits so much so that we are looking forward to our next one.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nebo
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Very welcoming on arrival. Room lovely very clean. A little surprised no robes you had to request them!! Hair dryer very out dated. Spa sadly very under used so looked tired a little unloved. Didn't like some of the breakfast layout again for the price it was very much help yourself and i didn't like the jam and marmalade in a big bowel from a hygiene point of view I would have preferred my own little pot.
Would I stay there again? Yes I would. Grounds are beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Nice location although nothing in walking distance. Had a nice stay with a clean room and very nice food. Although it was clear cut backs have been made and not everything was how I would expect the staff were very polite and efficient. One young man stood out to me as he would do that little bit extra to ensure our stay was a success. I found out his name was Kyle so all my praise has to go to him along with another young man who's name I didn't know. Only stayed for 2 nights but would definitely stay longer next time !!

• Stayed: August 2013