Premier Inn Warwick Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Travelling on business and working across the road at IBM, room was clean, fresh and serviced daily - as I would expect from Preimier Inn. Restaurant food good in the evening, bar pricey £3.75 for a small bottle of Peroni. Brekafast however, same choice every day... got a bit boring after a while. but to be expected from a budget hotel chain. Staff friendly and helpful, although they appeared a little busy and over-run at times.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Michelle M, Evesham/Stratford Cluster Administrator at Premier Inn Warwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your over all experience at Premier Inn Warwick however we are dissapointed to hear that you felt there were not enough options available to you during breakfast. We pride ourselves in offering three brekafast options but are always open to suggestions of how we can improve our breakfast for our guests. We hope to see you again soon at Warwick or any of our surrounding sites.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,463)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had a two day break only last weekend. Read the previous reviews so thought this was a good place to stay as it appeared new and local. The hotel is indeed very new and clean looking. We had no problems checking in using the automated service, just entered my surname and it soon churned out my receipt and two key cards. Security is good as the lifts will not operate from the ground floor unless you have a room card key to swipe. Same security to enter the ground floor corridor rooms as well. The room was very spacious and again clean. Everything still looked new. There was a double bed and a large sofa as well. We did experience the same issue as previous guests in relation to the modern heating system. The temperature controls only allow you to alter between 19 and 24 degrees. When we got there, the fan was blowing out cold air and no matter what we did we couldn't seem to get it to change. A quick visit to Cory on reception downstairs soon sorted it. At reception they have the ability to override the system and crank the heat up to 28 degrees. It soon worked and we found ourselves having to turn it down soon afterwards. Now we come onto the real only disappointment to our visit and again it's the same as other people reviewing this hotel have experienced. The Restuarant. Again I don't want to make any excuses as they're shouldn't be any but it was half term and busy. On our second night my wife ordered a soup. 40 minutes had passed before anything surfaced and it then got served to a gentleman on the next table who came in after us. After speaking with the waitress she realised the mistake and said one was on its way. 15 minutes later it arrived. I had ordered a steak meal which when came was nothing special and was served without its advertised side of garden peas. Don't get me wrong the hotel is ideally situated, nice modern and clean and we always observed that there was somebody to hand on the reception area, but go eat somewhere else. It appears as soon as it gets busy which it did it doesn't seem to cope very well. We will be going back but will give the Restuarant a wide birth

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank westayeverywhere
Michelle M, Evesham/Stratford Cluster Administrator at Premier Inn Warwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay with us.
I was glad to read that you found our location, rooms and cleanliness to be very good. I was however disappointed to read about your issues regarding the restaurant. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay and I'm very sorry that on this occasion, we didn't meet your expectations.
Please be assured that your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by the Management team.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff at ths hotel were excellent. Stayed for 2 nights with my fiancee and they made sure our stay was enjoyable. From helping with directions and suggesting and looking up places we could get food at 12 midnight when we were hungry to cooking us breakfast in the morning when we missed the buffet by 30 mins because we misunderstood the weekday and weekend breakfast times.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

The Management Team at Warwick are very pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that the staff were very accommodating. We apologise for the confusion with breakfast times but are pleased that we were still able to serve a suitable breakfast to you. We hope you will return to visit us in Warwick and look forward to accommodating you again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was our second stay at Opus 40, and our last. We did try to get into the new Leamington Spa one but it was a two night minimum stay, which for a "budget" hotel is quite shocking. As a PI veteran (50+ stays in 12 months) I can safely say this is the worst one so far.
Firstly, the new style self check in is so impersonal but still isn't reflected in the price. I had to summon someone to deal with my check in as my pre payment wasn't recognised and I had to produce an email.
Secondly, we had an interconnecting room, which had a family staying in it. Now, we have 2 year old twins as some of my followers know, so I know it isn't the families fault for the 6:30 wake up call, or the rattling on the door or the screaming. My problem is the good night guarantee was needed here as both my wife and I had an awful nights sleep. Our wake up call was just like being at home but we paid for the pleasure!
Thirdly, the shower facilities were broken. We were on a tight schedule and because of the unmanned front desk, we couldn't complain to have it rectified for the next day. The shower head was stuck on the smallest setting which could peel the skin from your body!
Finally, which is to do with all PI, the breakfasts are now too expensive. £8.25 each is far too much when you can go to a Frankie and Bennys for £5 (see next 2 reviews) or even going to a supermarket café. Terrible value.
No, this PI will be on my blacklist and I will be flagging this one for avoidance where I can.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Warwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell short of your expectations. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate these issues further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great hotel, staff were excellent and room was clean. Ideally located if you want to visit Warwick and located close to M40. Would recommend the meal deal as this covers both dinner and breakfast during your stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Michelle M, Evesham/Stratford Cluster Administrator at Premier Inn Warwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is one of the modern hotels with air-conditioning and lifts. Main was just a one night stay on a busy half term Saturday. The hotel was very nice and the staff helpful. A few minor things I would say. The main car park is small but this is additional free parking some distant away. Had read from others that there was a heating problem so took a high accuracy thermometer from work with me just to check. Found that room temperature could not be increased above 24 which would have been okay except that although the room stat said 24 my high accuracy thermometer said 21.6. Room felt a little cold and not welcoming.
As it was half term, the small restaurant was extremely busy. Was seated at 19:20hrs and had a starter, but main steak meal did not arrive until at 20:35hrs. When it arrived although chips and mushrooms were hot the steak was barely warm and dried out. Sent the meals back and new meals provided 15 mins later. Steak okay this time and piping hot but chips and mushrooms only warm. Very hungry by now so carried on with the meal. Free round of drinks supplied by way of apology. I think the small restaurant just couldn’t cope with the large number of guests.
Despite these problems I would still recommend the hotel as in general it was very good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay with us.
I was glad to read that you found your overall experience a good one. I was however disappointed to read about your issues regarding the restaurant. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay and I'm very sorry that on this occasion, we didn't meet your expectations.
I would also like to apologise in regards to your comments about the heating in the bedrooms. We are able to over ride the system at reception should our guests find an issue with the heating.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Impersonal large budget Hotel.Room very clean.Quilt just about covered the bed..Useful for car not public transport.
Receptionist clueless to how to welcome blind or partially sighted guests.Never give an answer if you do not know.This was to do with the reception contact point on the phone.
VI awareness training needed also good welcoming skills needed.
Overflow parking a long way off.In short only come here if necessary.
Noisy corridors.Restaurant available.

Room Tip: Not a disability friendly Hotel