“Mini garden”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Mini garden”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Although in a nice setting I was surprised how small it was but it is nice and with the nice weather very pleasant.

Visited July 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Suffolk, UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Simply stunning”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Spent the morning at the Castle and really enjoyed it. My wife said that before we leave Warwick we should take a walk down Mill Lane as it is recognised as one of the most beautiful and natural period roads left in the UK.
When we got to the bottom of the beautiful Mill Lane we found Mill Garden and 'shall we, shan't we' took place.
Having just spent a relatively expensive morning at the Castle we were feeling a bit stingy about paying another £2 each to tour Mill Garden, although when we saw it earlier from across the wall inside the Castle grounds we had noted that it looked wonderful.
So, we went in and I have to say that, at this time of year and with the sun shining and the sky blue, it is, without doubt one of THE most beautiful natural environments I have ever witnessed in the UK.
The colour, the variety of plants, bushes and trees and, above all, the riverside tranquility exacerbated by the colourful atmosphere was simply stunning and my wife commented to me that, when I get stressed big time, as I often do in my work, I should 'take myself to the Mill Garden and all will be well."
For me, even after our morning Castle visit, later visit to Stratford upon Avon and subsequent river cruise, the Mill Garden was, by far, the highlight of the day.
Several years ago, after an exhausting three days sighteeing in Paris, we found a place known as Sainte Chapelle and it was a special moment for us as it was and is so beautiful, yet relatively unknown. We bumped into an American historian sitting enjoying the place and he overheard us waxing lyrical about it's beauty - he said, "This is THE jewel of Paris - never forget that!".
For me, the Mill Garden was THE jewel of England - a little surprise lying in wait that one could never have expected and could never forget.
I can't wait to return.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Purdis
SOUTH COAST
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Charming gardens”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

These charming gardens are located below the castle walls.
We sat in the gardens early in the evening just before they closed up and just allowed the tranquility to seep in. Very picturesque ruins of old bridge now sets a romantic scene on one side, the castle on the other with flowers in between.

Visited May 2013
Hixson, Tennessee, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A treasure”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I honestly haven't been here in 20 years, didn't even know it still existed. But I must say how thrilled I am to find the gardens are still being kept up! The recent photos show the area just as gorgeous as I remember, as if time stood still. During my only trip to the UK (so far) we stumbled upon the gardens, and they to this day stand out as one of my favorite places I visited. The gentleman who owned the property then was so friendly and told us all about the history of the area & the gardens. At the time he donated part of the entry fee to a local charity. Not sure if that is still the case.

If you've never heard of this place, now you have. My advice is simply to go see the gardens for yourself. Go now! You definitely won't regret it. The peace, the beautiful views, the ancient bridge...heaven! I'd be there tomorrow if I could!

Visited October 2012
Traunstein, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Team work”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

A magical garden to go and stroll, or sit, for half an hour and appreciate the wonderful work done by the owners.

Visited June 2013