“Amazing Mezze”

Aqua Food & Mood - Warwick
Ranked #26 of 144 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is in Warwick, England, UK. Please do not list in Warwick, Bermuda. Thank you
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We visited the restaurant on a stop off from the Norfolk Broads. My wife and I had the mixed mezze for two. The starter was just divine. Hommous, moutabel, tabboulleh, falafel, sujuk, batata harra, warak enab, kibbeh, Followed by mixed grill, All of it was beautiful but I must admit I found the starter to be even better than the main course. The onion salad was light and refreshing and feta cheese pasties were beautiful. It all was really. The main course was a meaty overload with lamb, beef and chicken with a garlic and chilli dipping pot. finished off with coffee (I had a lovely cup of mint tea).

The service was attentive, however, a minor quibble is they put a service charge and a charity donation automatically onto your bill. I do not like this.

Would definitely return.

AquaWarwick, General Manager at Aqua Food & Mood - Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for choosing us and we appreciate your time to write a review. Its always wonderful to have diners from lands far and near. We are very pleased you enjoyed the mezze so much and it is one of the very popular choices.
Regarding the optional charity and service charge most diners pay with card and prefer it to be included in the bill it saves the hassle of breaking change. It is optional and rather a suggestion than a dictation of how much one may wish to part with.
We really look forward to seeing you again on your visits soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Found Aqua by accident when looking for a supper while travelling. What a happy accident. The food was excellent and matched by the charm and friendliness of the staff.

I The Baba Ganouj was delicate with a delicious hint of smokiness from the grilled aubergine and accompanied by some warm flat bread. The Sambousek were equally special - in all the the best Lebanese starters I've tasted in Britain. Main course was very good too - a simple Kafta Kebab with rice & salad - light, flavoursome and perfect.

I had a single glass of the house red to accompany my meal - recommended by my waitress it was very good indeed - a cut above the usual restaurant house wine. Deep, rich and smooth it was close to a Chateau Musar in flavour and heft but not price.

My only, very minor, criticism would be that the accompanying Tabbouleh was a little light on the cracked wheat and therefore lack a bit of bite / crunch

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went looking for somewhere to eat last minute on a Friday night, went in because a friend recommended. Would definitely go back, we had a selection of 6 mezze between 2 of us and everything was delicious. Nice atmosphere, a mixture of old-world Warwick with Lebanese finery.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a tidy and cosy Lebanese style restaurant on Jury Street in Warwick. I went there in early June 2013 with my girlfriend for a meal out and we both had great food and an enjoyable time. Be warned, portions are quite big, so save yourself for this one, but going feeling hungry ensures you leave feeling totally full up and satisfied.

The food tastes wholesome and is clearly made on the day with fresh ingredients. There is broad choice from the menu and is something to suit everyone’s tastes. The lamb with okra was a great main for me and my starter of the fried fish (salmon - which could also pass as a main) was delicious. I've been here before with larger parties and it has remained consistent with the quality of food and service given.

Again, due to popularity, booking is recommended towards the end of the week.
It’s a great place when you need to be filled up and it is chilly outside, but equally good on a warm summer's evening for a light bite.

1  Thank gjpno1
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Delicious Lebanese food... such an enjoyable evening. Good service and atmosphere. mezze very good value and a chance to sample the menu